New Tempest Weather System

with the help of a translator

El nuevo diseño integra los sensores del viejo ‘aire’ en el cielo. Es un diseño todo en uno. Con respecto a las ventas en Europa, solo el personal de WF puede responder.

@anon84912554 : can you please reply regarding selling the tempest in Europe or not ?

So the Breathe is not going to happen ?

1 Like

How do I become a field tester? I like the look of the new all in one unit.

Hola ,buenas.
La wheather flow tiene rosca debajo de la unidad para poder roscarla sobre un trípode?..
Me refiero a la unidad que lleva el pluviómetro y el anemómetro.
Muchas gracias

Hi thanks for speaking up, we can definitely help calibrate your haptic sensor, especially with the help of a co-located gauge. Please contact our customer service team if you haven’t already!
Email support@weatherflow.com or open a ticket

bummer, this would have been a really great addition. Now I have to invest in some other system and also in some third party solution to make a good display that shows all the info in one screen.

I just ordered ‘flow’ from Plume labs. Looks like a nice device and is even portable. Within weeks they will deliver an API. It measures NO2, VOC, PM2.5 and PM10. https://plumelabs.com/en/flow/

(weather flow, plume flow… I must be on to something)

You rascals, now my wife will kill me when it comes available✌️ Nice looking! Can’t wait!!

1 Like

Guys. Read again. It does not say it’s been deprecated. It says there is no development to report.

The Weather staff has been busy with priority items.

2 Likes

It sure ‘reads’ like they are seriously considering not building it due to the “crowded marketplace” (their term). I think I posted something many months ago mentioning the price points for the competing gear and how hard it seemed to come up with something that either blew the competition away (ouch - bad pun) or had a price that made it a no-brainer. But as always we’ll stay by to be amazed.

1 Like

Now public…the pre-KickStarter announcement with a little more teaser: https://weatherflow.com/kickstarter/

Further details when we actually launch on KickStarter. This page is really just so that interested people can be notified when the campaign launches so they do not miss the best deals. Right now we’re looking at launch date of Oct 28/29…but it’s not in stone.

6 Likes

Thank you so very very much.

Do you need a HUB to retrieve data from the Tempest station or can you retrieve the data via Bluetooth on a smartphone?

Also, is there an improvement in sensor specifications with this tempest system?

This is what the above post states.

1 Like

What will be the better deal for existing owners, the Kickstarter get notified 30% off or the (TBD discount deal) current owners offer from WF? Are both offers available without the Hub? Will there be a difference in delivery schedule?

1 Like

For existing WF owners who already have a HUB, we will offer an “a-la-carte” option to add a Tempest device to your existing system for a LOWER price than complete packages on KickStarter (which, BTW is not necessary, but go for it if you want the latest and greatest). All packages on Kickstarter will be complete with a HUB. Availability / delivery expected around Feb/March of 2020. All WF owners will benefit from the new AI-powered forecasting technology which is forthcoming via a new app release in 2020.

7 Likes

cool I’m looking forward to it and will try and be your first order. I want to give them out as gifts plus being a now a real weather point on the TX Gulf Coast.

1 Like

My wind reads low at higher wind values compared to a couple of Davis (one 5 meters from WF). Rain is very unreliable either with or without rain check.

Hope things improve with future updates but for now Davis is my go to. Not going to new hardware until I see some solid performance from what I have

1 Like

The advantage of the old WF model is that it has separate parts for temperature and relative humidity of wind and precipitation. So I can place the Air unit in adequate Stevenson shelter at 2 m. With the new model this is not possible and for that reason I will not change the Air. Apart from this, I do not see that the problem with unreliable precipitation measurement has been solved.

4 Likes

I would be very interested in being a beta tester and could compare it to my existing Air and Sky system

Thanks