New Tempest firmware: v133

19 posts were split to a new topic: Unhappy with Tempest

Yes, v133 is being skipped. My comment was on a Field Test unit (I thought this post was in the Field Test area… oops). I believe only Field Test units received v133 and thats where the issues were found and they decided to skip this firmware to correct some issues

So I’m a new user. It appears v133 was pushed to me…?

V133 was actually starting to be deployed slowly but then the deployment was halted due to an issue they discovered.

3 Likes

ya i read it was supposed to be halted. Yet, when I turned on my unit it was like v129 and then auto upgraded to v133.

We’ve been putting v133 on all new Tempests for a couple weeks, but have not yet deployed it to Tempests in the field.

Correct, and to be clear: the issues we discovered were not new in v133, but exist in the previous build (v129) as well. We’re testing v134 now, and likely v135 soon. As soon as we confirm all issues are addressed, we’ll push that out to everyone.

It looks like this is an issue with the apps’ mis-interpretation of some new status sensor_status flags. So it’s not a firmware issue, directly, but something we need to fix before rolling it out more broadly.

2 Likes

You were probably one of the small group that we had already queued up before we decided to halt the rollout. All is well - you’ll get another update when we have a final build ready.

1 Like

Hello. When will all the features be activated. Like the new snd improved forecasting

1 Like
1 Like

Any chance the 133 roll-out affected rh readings? Its been a while and everything has been good since you all replaced my air unit with the humidity stack overflow issue. A few days ago it went to 99% 24/7, so I moved it inside to my kitchen counter. I had an immediate drop, but then it climbed back up to 99% off and on again. Can I put it in a bag of rice or something? Station ID 2300 (AKA Trogdor the Burninator).

7 posts were split to a new topic: Confused about the name! Tempest? Smart Weather? WeatherFlow?

The 133 firmware is related to the Tempest and not the hub. You’re on FW 143 for your hub

Just asked a technician and your humidity calibration went wacko (no I don’t know why) . It is going to be re applied asap manually and hopefully from there on it’ll live happy again

Sorry this happened and thanks for bringing it up so it could be solved.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take it out of the bag of rice and place it back outside again! :wink:

Mine is still on 129. How log does it typically take to see an update?

ID 18237

What ever happened to the Tempest firmware update?

V134 is in test and should be rolling out soon. V133 had a little bug and Weatherflow decided to halt the roll out and go to the next version to include the solution before the full park started to behave nasty

Yes, v134 is rolling out now! New announcement coming shortly.

To be clear, the small issues we discovered in v133 are also present in v129 as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the update.

1 Like

This announcement has been superseded by this one:

1 Like