New Hub Firmware v143

I’m new to Weatherflow hub and Tempest. Do updates install automatically?

Yes. WeatherFlow control the rate of roll out to all the hubs. You can check your station status to see if your hub has been updated.

Thanks. I see v143 so I guess all is well

1 Like

The two devices are independent of each other as far as firmware updates are concerned. The Tempest firmware is coming in a week or so.

3 Likes

What will the new Tempest firmware address?

I don’t know everything that it addresses but here you can see one of the fixes here: Lightning Sensor Status sometimes reports 'Failed'

1 Like

Ah, that’s why you have 133. You’re a field tester, which I assume also means beta updates.

No, my field test and production Tempests are all still on v129. I assume v133 is still being tested internally.

3 Likes

My new tempest showed up in 133 and within 30 mins the hub updated

1 Like

What is the latest version number for the Tempest firmware? Mine is showing 129 but a friend in town just got a Tempest and his is 133.

I received my unit in June. I’m on 129. 133 should be rolling out soon - no definite date yet.

1 Like

The latest is 129 for the Tempest. v133 is currently in beta testing and most probably will be released this month.

1 Like

It is possible that WF figured that v133 is stable enough to put on the current Tempests before they ship out but are making sure that nothing gets messed up on any in the field before remotely updating them. My field test and production Tempests are still on v129.

1 Like

V133 is being tested on units that have a particular issue. Currently it’s only a handful of stations
Consider this beta 1 of 133.

1 Like

Yes, but I have seen at least one person note that their Tempest had v133 right out of the box. That is what I’m referring to.

I really doubt that but it might be. If you find that post please tag me.

Will do. I don’t remember if I saw it on FB or here.

@GaryFunk @gizmoev Are these quotes above what you were referring to?

1 Like

The first is referring to the Hub being updated.

The second is referring to @ecommerce having v133 pushed to his Tempest to solve an issue that he reported.

I have not seen anyone on this forum report they were shipped hardware with the Tempest at v133. I will not say it hadn’t happened but I find it unlikely since shipping takes about 5 days and 133 hasn’t been public that long.

Got it. Just making sure.