Negative Rain display?

Hello. For the first time tonight, SKY appears to be reading NEGATIVE VALUES for rain. Attached graph explains.
IMG_0080

3 Likes

I could have used some “negative rain” a few days ago when my front yard became a Movie…“A River Runs Through It”.

1 Like

Bahaha. Sorry to hear about the river in your front yard. It’s been dry as the dessert here in northern Ontario.

Thanks for the bug report. We’ll take a look and see if this is an issue in the app or the data.

1 Like

Best quote of the day thanks for the laughs! :rofl::+1:

1 Like

I didn’t check my graph, but on a few occasions I have gotten a popup message on my phone that it is raining at my Sky. When I am very sure that it was not. It is in a place where I am sure someone can’t spray it with a hose. Anyone else getting false rain messages?

1 Like

Probably transient avian visitors using your Sky as a rest area. There’s several different posts here for various bird defense techniques…

2 Likes

I too see false reports of rain on an almost daily basis. We have only had rain once in the last ~9 days, but my SKY receives a report of rain almost daily.

1 Like

Chances are something else is causing your SKY to vibrate. Could be a bird, or could be something causing the pole to move/shake.

1 Like

Could be, but I had another one today, not a cloud in the sky.

1 Like

What’s your SKY mounted to? Can you share a photo or two?

1 Like

This is my SKY mounted 10 - 12 feet above the water where there is no boat traffic. It is at the end of a lagoon.
I wish I could get accurate rain results.
sky

Nice photo, thanks!

The rain sensor in your SKY detects rainfall by sensing the vibration caused by individual rain drops impacting the top surface. It could be a bird - there are “anti-bird” filters in place, but sometimes a persistent bird can look like rain to the sensor. Other sources of vibration can also appear to the sensor as rain.

Is it possible something to which the SKY is connected could be causing some sort of motion or vibration that would be generating this “false rain”. If so, one solution could be to add some neoprene or rubber between the PVC pipe and the mounts that hold it in place. There is a good bit of discussion elsewhere on this forum about the false rain phenomenon, which may help. If you need more help, please open a support ticket at http://got.wf/contact or send an email to support@weatherflow.com

Thanks!

Here is another strange value.

4 Likes

Alien ship went over and replenished its water supply? :rofl:

6 Likes

That’s quite a drought you’re having, Gary. :slight_smile:

4 Likes