Need ideas for SKY Installation in remote area without WiFi or power with cellular connection

Hi @dima.avramenko,

I have a similar challenge as you do. I have carried out some experiments prior to purchasing some more Sky units for along my coast. I intend to mount Sky units with solar panels and paint them camouflage and mount them along my headlands. The Sky units with the solar panel might last several years without any maintenance. I will mount a Hub on a pole above my house to communicate with my wifi. The frequency between the Sky and the Hub is designed for long distance low power data communication. You can read about my distance testing here:

The parabolic antenna is designed for wifi. If I need extra distance I would only use that with my hub above my roof to extend the distance to the Sky. I carried out the test in the reverse direction. In my situation I will not need to use that, but I just tried it as an experiment to see if it would work to extend the normal distance further than normal and only using the parabolic reflector at the hub end. The Sky was simply on the pole above my roof on the top of the headland. This is the location of the Sky during the tests up to 12km away:

cheers Ian :slight_smile:

3 Likes