My device ID doesn't work?

Hello, I am new to the tempest community and this project as a whole.

I am attempting to use the wfpiconsole “off label” on a windows 11 machine. I followed the amazing instructions on the GitHub page and it all went smoothly until I got to what should have been incredibly simple… the device ID.

I then tried a suggestion I saw in another post to add my information to this URL.
https://swd.weatherflow.com/swd/rest/stations/XXXXXX?api_key=YYYY
Which gave me a good response from the station.

Any ideas on what I could possibly be missing? All feedback is appreciated.

**I apologize for the blurred information in the images. I was unsure if the station API key would be considered “sensitive” information.

Hi @james.riggs.sr, sorry you are running into issues. I think there might be some confusion between your station ID and device ID. When I try polling the API with your station ID (103412) I get a different response to what you have shared.

Can you open the Tempest app on your phone/web, click on SettingsStations[your station name]Status. Under the Hub title you should see the Station ID (sandwiched between Firmware Revision and Uptime). Can you share that with me? Scroll down a little further and under the Tempest title you should see Device ID (again sandwiched between Firmware Revision and Uptime). Can you share that with me too?

GLADLY!!! Screenshots attached.

Fwiw, I tried the station ID, device ID, and various iterations of the serial numbers too, but with the same result.

Curious, can you see my publicly shared page?
https://tempestwx.com/station/103412

Thank you for your help!

James

Thanks! In a private message could you share you WF Access Token with me? This will allow me to use your station data while I work out what is wrong. Once I have finished, feel free to delete the key and generate a new one

Random words to make this post 20 characters long… :laughing:

PM sent!

1 Like

OK, thanks for the PM. Can you let me know exactly what error you are seeing? Using the token you shared, a station ID of 103412 and a device ID of 264028 works perfectly for me

Back at the first post I explain that I am using wfpiconsole “off label” on a Windows 11 machine. When running anaconda, I enter python main.py and start the script. When it gets to the station ID it doesn’t recognize my station and then questions my sanity. The screenshot is up there. ^

I see that screenshot, but there is no error. You have entered your station ID (there is then some additional debug information printed to the terminal which can be ignored - I’m not sure why it is printing this anyway), and then it is prompting you for whether you have a Tempest device or not. This is working exactly as expected. Have you answered ‘Y’ to the prompt regarding whether you have a Tempest?

I develop the PiConsole exclusively on Windows and Anaconda, so it should work perfectly

*sigh I am the error. :frowning:

I was entering the station ID and when it asked if I owned a tempest I was assuming it didn’t recognize that ID. When I entered yes and it asked me for the device ID I assumed it was asking for my station ID again.

Error: me not reading what was on the screen.

It now works perfectly. Thank you for developing an awesome application, and your support in this community.

~James

No problem! Glad we managed to get it fixed :smiley:

Feel free to delete the WF access token you shared with me. You’ll just need to copy the new one into the wfpiconsole.ini file