Meteobridge device

as above sorry i dont get here much …i do try to follow whenever i can…brian

@Weather34 Brian “Weather34” nice to see you here too mate. I’m now working on getting my Weatherflow, meteobridges, and Davis devices working nicely like yours. Glad to see you as an enthusiast still (and yet so much more) :wink: . BTW, thank you for your diagram in wxforum also showing your UPS setup;

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31507.msg374071#msg374071

Very helpful for me. My setup is now very similar, except your NanoSD is a PRO for me, and my weather34 template is running on a RaspberryPi. May I ask what you made that diagram in so I may reciprocate? I’ll add Windy to my Weatherflow meteobridge now.

1 Like

hello

I use Adobe Illustrator (AI) or Sketch to create the vectors , i do have the originals i did available in layers to make it easy to add or remove items…do you mean something like this ??

tell me what you hardware you got and if you can work in SVG i can zip up each each individual piece of hardware and you can build your own diagram.i have all Davis vectors and Weatherflow vectors .

ps i may not respond in a timely manner but will do when I get the chance…brian

weather34hardware2

Oh, excellent. Close, but not quite. I just got off of my roof, I was up there mounting my Weatherflow with Solar charging to my Davis mast. :smile: Looks to be working great. My WF devices connect to a Meteobridge like yours. The Davis VP w/DTA (Solar/UV and Wind on the roof mast wireless, the rest on the ground mast) go through a MB Pro, which reports to my Weather34 template running on an RBPi http://seamanville.com/pws. I also like running my VP2 console, so I have a Metebrodge NANO-SD in my console, which a Moteino with a 915MHz transceiver gathers the data from the 2 Davis transmitters, and sends to the console. All 3 Meteobridges send to different weather services, and all 3 go to ambientweather.net for comparison.
For working with SVG, I haven’t yet, my son is pretty good with Photoshop, and we are both willing to give it a shot in AI, and hopefully we’ll learn some new tricks in the process. :wink:

When I installed my original Air/Sky several years ago, I set up a Meteobridge unit to aggregate data from my Air/Sky unit for use with Meteotemplate. Recently I purchased a Tempest unit to replace the Air/Sky, but discovered the Tempest data being forwarded to Meteotemplate is either missing or incorrect. I checked the Meteobridge log and discovered the previous Air/Sky station is still configured as the primary station, with the new Tempest as secondary (see logfile output below). This results in incorrect sensor data mapping, which means incorrect or null data is being forwarded to Meteotemplate. I see no way to remove or reorder the Weatherflow units in the Meteobridge configuration. I suppose I could reflash the Meteobridge and start from scratch, but am hoping someone else using the Meteobridge is aware of a more elegant solution.

Brian Leverson

logger (09.02.2021 10:03:50): data logger (version 5.1e, build 3758) started.
logger (09.02.2021 10:03:51): connect station 0 (Weatherflow via SW Driver).
logger (09.02.2021 10:03:52): station 0 (Weatherflow): TEMPEST TS-00013455 already registered (wind0/rain0/uv0/sol0).
logger (09.02.2021 10:03:52): station 0 (Weatherflow): AIR AR-00000213 already registered (thb0/th0/lgt0).
logger (09.02.2021 10:03:52): station 0 (Weatherflow): TEMPEST TS-00006308 already registered (wind1/rain1/uv1/sol1).
logger (09.02.2021 10:03:52): station 0 (Weatherflow): TEMPEST TS-00006308 already registered (thb1/th1/lgt1).
logger (09.02.2021 10:03:52): sensors are now providing data.
logger (09.02.2021 10:03:52): services started.

You can edit the .conf file. The simplest way I do this is to log in to your Meteobridge and go to the System, Administration tab and click the Backup button on the Configuration Data line.
Save the file to your computer. It will be named meteobridge-yyyy-mm-dd.conf with the date matching the current day.

Open the file with a text editor. On Windows I use Notepad since it only saves in text format. Look for lines which read wflowskysensor and wflowairsensor with a number appended on the end followed by the serial number of the WF sensor. If you only had one SKY and AIR on your network you should see a wflowskysensor0 and wflowairsensor0 somewhere in the conf file. If you have only added one Tempest to your network then you should also see wflowskysensor101 and wflowairsensor101. Note that these are not always next to each other in the file. I move the lines to the same group so I can find them more easily in the future.

I have several sensors on my network between my test units and home and mobile units so my conf file looks like this for the sensor lines:

wflowskysensor3 19824
wflowairsensor3 9571
wflowairsensor4 19725
wflowskysensor0 10949
wflowskysensor1 16451
wflowairsensor1 5187
wflowairsensor5 19352
wflowskysensor102 14295
wflowairsensor102 14295
wflowskysensor104 76
wflowairsensor106 76
wflowskysensor106 1173
wflowairsensor100 1173
wflowskysensor107 419
wflowairsensor107 419

Note that the Tempest is viewed as a SKY and AIR as far as Metobridge is concerned. The only indication in the conf file to Meteobridge that it is a Tempest is the 100 level sensor number. The last digit is the “ranking” of the sensor in the Meteobridge mapping. If you look at the excerpt from my conf file you can see that the primary sensors I have for Meteobridge is SKY serial number 10949 and Tempest (for the “AIR” data) serial number 1173.

After you make your changes and save them, go back to the Meteobridge screen and select the Choose File button and locate the file you just edited then select the Restore button. Click the Reboot button and when the Meteobridge boots back up it will have your new sensor mapping.

There may be another way to edit the settings in Meteobridge but this is what works quite easily for me.

4 Likes

Excellent. Just what I needed.

1 Like

I’m hoping one of you folks will be able to help me set up and configure my new Tempest weather station…

I’ve set it up and it is working OK. The only issue I have now is that Meteobridge is mapping some of the sensors as “indoor” data. I don’t believe Tempest has any indoor temp/humidity/pressure sensors.

I’ve tried to correct this using the Mapping screen of Meteobridge by setting the affected sensors to “No Mapping”, but I have not been able to save the setting… I see no “Save” button in this screen! Is there another way to force Meteobridge not to use these and/or correctly map the sensors?

I’m using the latest version of Meteobridge… rebooted to make sure the latest version is loaded.
Meteo_Info

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Hi

Running Meteobrige on a RasPi4b. Trying to get it to load a Weather 34 dashbord but just coming up with an error?? Probally something simple.

Is Weather 34 hosted locally on the meteobridge?

Thanks

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 11.09.58

Hello Alexander

I think you’ll have more chance on the meteobridge forum. Some of us use it but not sure you’ll get much solutions here. Try on the meteobridge forum (Boris doesn’t come here to often)

1 Like

Gday to anyone that might have this same issue with their MB interacting with their WF HUB and SWS or Tempest. Last week my HUB (tempest) started dropping WiFi and I use a TP link MR series flashed Meteobridge to send data all over the place. I set up a Guest network and after a few attempts got the HUB and Tempest back up but no raw sensor data on MB, After much head bashing (not the good type ) and tormenting Tim Nicholas with dumbass questions, I found the issue was actually setting up the guest network for my WF as it was automatically firewalled by my router. I reconnected with the old SSID and immediately got live data. Tim kindly upgraded my HUB firmware to version v171 which solved the wifi issues and now I have happy hubs and a smiling Tempest.Also a big thanks to Gizmoev for the MB config info , I was stuck with the dreaded secondary sensor input issue. Thanks all. Sure glad I wrangle bees and not routers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

How do you physically connect a tplink MB modem to the weatherflow hub? as both have USB input connectors, and he modem has lan connector too…
thanks any comments

MeteoBridge captures the UDP broadcasts packets sent by the Hub from the network, as long as both MB and the Hub are on the same IP network subnet. No connection between the devices is required. It just magically works…

How do you set the metrobridge up to collect the data and send to the PWS weather site?

I have moved your topic here since it is Meteobridge related and you will find information here and for more help you can even look into their forum.

Start maybe by reading this part for the general setup

For the Tempest choose Weatherflow in the Weather Station tab (it will talk about Sky and Air but it does correctly add the Tempest.