LevityDash a desktop native dashboard app written in Python

LevityDash

A lightweight, desktop native, multi-source dashboard for macOS, Windows, and Linux

I just wanted to share a project I’ve been working on, along with get feedback from the community. The goal of the project is to create a lightweight, modular, metrics dashboard with a drag-and-drop UI for easy customization. It currently has plugins for WeatherFlow, OpenMeteo, and GoveeBLE indoor thermometers. It runs well on single-board computers such as RaspberryPi and other low-end/older computers and has been tested on Windows 10, Linux (Arch, Debian, Ubuntu, and Fedora), and macOS 12.

If you want to check it out, as long as you have Python 3.10 installed, it can be downloaded and installed with

pip install LevityDash

and ran with

python -m LevityDash

You can find more information about the project at levitydash.app or at the GitHub repo.

Looking forward to hearing everyone’s feedback and suggestions!

– Neal

4 Likes

The fonts look like a ransom note. Just kidding :slight_smile:
Always nice to see more apps !

Really nice. Just a bit cluttered. If possible to get some lines between the sections (even fine). As is I tend to slide off to the next part and then ours … back :slight_smile:
Will play with it soon

1 Like

You know, now that you mention it, it is way over crowded, especially for a default configuration. Borders/dividers are on my list of features to implement, but weren’t personally that high on my list. I’ll bump it up in the list and I might be able to get something basic working fairly soon. Thanks for the suggestion!

The graph looks really nice, I like the blending gradient on the temperature lines. My only critique, other than what eric pointed out is to pick only a couple font sizes and stick to those. It adds to the “cluttered” feeling when there are 10+ different sizes, especially when they represent the same thing. Since it’s a really text heavy display it gets a little overwhelming when there are so many different label sizes.

Nice job though, going to give it a try tonight.

1 Like

Text size is currently ‘largest that fits’ since that was the easiest to implement with everything being resizable and the content being unpredictable since it is user editable. Fixed label sizes is yet another feature on the list.

It’s definitely text heavy, I have some other non-text display modules that are mostly functioning, but they don’t quite have the level of customization I want for them to be included so they were shelved for the initial release.

2 Likes