June 2021: Tempest App Updates

I would love to see this too. The time of occurrence for the daily history would be awesome for the min and max values.

Sometimes. . .the max wind gust as seen in the History section is off by 0.1 mph than what is observed in the graph display.

Two examples follow. . .

$$

most probably a rounding issue. Could be that it is done in 2 different ways between those 2
@corrineb : is this the case ?

Iā€™ve opened up a support case as the primary page showed 99 today while the history and graph shows a max temp of 94.

Now later tonight it shows 72 while the grid page shows 62.

it would be ok if the value is 6.34, rounded to 6.3 but the interval is 1.1-6.4 (because 6.34 is just within that interval).

But reporting 6.3 and an interval of 2.0-6.2 shouldnā€™t happen.

Good find @storm_tracker. We tracked this issue down and it will be fixed with an upcoming API update.

@cody.lerum I took a look at your station and passed along some info to the CS team. You should be all set.

I believe the issue with mine was due to the unit being set to indoors vs outdoors. The UI for that isnā€™t super intuitive. Generally that would be a drop down, but itā€™s more of like a double (or triple?) click.

@corrineb Any progress on the Delta-T issues?

As far as I can tell, the Delta T as shown actually used the posted formula; however, one of the values is in Fahrenheit and the other in Celsius.
This seems to be the case for those that use Imperial.
I am curious if those that use metric have a Delta T that is correct?

you can temporarily switch to metric. In my case T=26.8, Twb=21, Delta-T=6 . that seems correct.
When I temporarily switch to Fahrenheit it shows T=80.1, Twb=70, Delta-T=42, which is clearly wrong

Yes! We have a fix for this issue and will be rolling out a bug fix release for all apps soon.

3 Likes

Updated iOS and Android apps are rolling out the App and Google Play stores. Website updates have also been pushed.

• Android: v4.6.18(161)
  • iOS: 4.19(501)

The updates fix the Delta-T issue as well a few other minor bug fixes and enhancements.

An API update was also just released that fixes issues with

• Precip Duration (Yesterday) display
  • Potential discrepancy between graph wind value and history wind value (@storm_tracker)

If you spot any issue let me know.

4 Likes

I find the new page layout to be very busy to the eye. The solid colors for the forecast and the daily forecast donā€™t allow your eye to see what you want to see. Iā€™m not sure what the solution is but I liked the previous version that at least had bars between white and blue if I remember correctly.

1 Like

Are there new APIs that provide for the known start and end dates for available data as well as the historical summary week/month/year/all-time metrics? Iā€™d like to not have to ā€œguessā€ when the first historical available metric point is. :slight_smile:

All looks great, except in the Android app (but not on webpage), the Height above ground setting now has 15 decimal places, even after resetting the figure. I enter 10.0 feet, and then the app says 10.000000000000014 feet. Not a terrible issue, but makes me want to get a much more accurate ruler to measure this height. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the report @mzemany. No need to head out and capture a more accurate measurement :slightly_smiling_face:, we will get a fix for this in the next build.

2 Likes

Yes, Delta - T had a major problem. It is was to high! The new update fixed it. Thanks guys!

1 Like

The sun icon next to UV used to fill up as the UV got higher. Now it just seems to always be filled in fully. I notice this both on iOS and the Web. Maybe this was intentional.

thatā€™s right, for some reason they decided ā€œThe temperature and UV icons will no longer continue to represent dataā€

2 Likes