January 2021: Tempest App Updates

Very odd indeed. I’ll take a look at that one.

Edit: All fixed.

1 Like

I’ve had several lightning strikes show as -1 to -3 miles distant. After the fix cited by @cmorello,the adjusted distance shows on the webpage but not on the app which continues to show in negative numbers even after a hard close in iOS.

We’ve identified a bug that causes the bar to stay white. This has now been fixed and will be available in the next app update.

2 Likes

Great. I thought it only turned yellow or red when the avarage wind was above 30 km/h.

At least that was what I heard.
But great to hear.

1 Like

I want to say how much we love the new interface that shows a bar graph for wind gusts on the main screen so you do not have to drilldown to see how high the gusts have gotten. This has been hugely helpful and is much more representative of the wind gust history than it was before when it showed a single number. Thank you so much!!!

2 Likes

@garyoldham The fix isn’t available in the app yet. It will be included in the next update.

1 Like

i do like the new wind gust dynamic graphic bar display
:slight_smile:
kudos :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are their any plans in 2021 to upgrade the ability to retrieve Tempest weather station history via app or website? The current setup via the app just seems very outdated. With all the data the station is putting out it would be awesome to have an easy interface to work with. Not much shown on daily history and no toggle options that i am aware of. Thanks for your time!

Tony

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KMDESSEX51

Just recently the Tempest app and website have been updated to include more history options.