ISY Node Server

Bob (@bpaauwe),

The changes in 1.0.0.7 are working well except I am not seeing the heartbeat change.

http://www.bobsplace.com/release/WFNodeserver/

It’s great to see the changes I sent you incorporated in the nodeserver.

Hub data:
Sequence is showing the EPOCH timestamp and not the sequence number.
Heartnbeat is not changing.

Air data:
Station pressure is now ready correctly.

Gary

1 Like

Heartbeat is changing for me, but since I don’t have a Hub, I’m also not getting any other hub data. What happens if you turn off Include Hub Data? Heartbeat should switch between 1 and -1 every 30 seconds.

Are you saying that when you changed something using the web configuration, it didn’t change the .json file? If so, what didn’t take?

Just fixed the sequence field.

1 Like

I uploaded the .zip file and made sure I have the latest one. Restarted the ISY. Deleted all the old nodes so it can start over.

I have two hubs. one reads 1 and the other -1. Neither are updating.

1 Like

Bob (@bpaauwe),

I deleted everything and started over with only the main Hub online. Now the heartbeat is updating.

1 Like

That bit of information would have been helpful earlier :slight_smile: Is this just because your a field tester or would anyone having more than one air/sky need multiple hubs?

Right now the heartbeat code assumes there can be only one hub so it it switches the value after updating a hub. So with an even number of hubs, each hub is getting only one of the heartbeat values. Now if you had an odd number of hubs it would probably work

1 Like

I just proved that the having two Hubs online causes the issue.

MOST will only have one HUB at their location. However, some may have two stations and want the ISY to monitor both. Some really weird users will have two hubs so they can test and insure that the readings are similar.

I have two hubs just so I can test for all those issues.

1 Like

I deleted the sec ond Hub from the config. As it’s still sending data on 50222 I was hoping the nodeserver would just ignore it.

1 Like

It doesn’t really ignore anything it sees on the UDP port. It will take a bit of thought to come up with a good way to handle multiple hubs.

1 Like

I set my application to handle three Stations (Hubs) and an array of three to keep track of that Stations. That might help.

For 99% of the ISY users this will not be an issue. So I’m not sure there is a need to rush to find a fix.

I’m only seeing one bug at this time that needs correction.
“Sequence is showing the EPOCH timestamp and not the sequence number.”

Rain in inches and pressure in inHg should be to three decimal places.

Edit:

I take it that the checkbox for “rapid wind” has to do with a web socket. Is that correct?

1 Like

I think I just need to track heartbeat by hub serial number, not that different from other forms of data. I just didn’t expect to see more than one hub.

I fixed that already in my tree so that’s done.

OK, I think that’s doable.

Yes correct, expanding it work for the local hub data is on the list in my head.

1 Like

It is already sent in UDP data so there is nothing to turn on or off.

1 Like

Yes, I know. I mean having it control what data is sent to the ISY. Rapid wind could be a separate node and then configured to exist or not for each station. Since this is probably what creates the biggest load on the ISY, being able to ignore it may be useful.

3 Likes

Yes! A great idea. I can’t think of any need to send 3-second wind data to the ISY. And it does eat up unnecessary resources.

2 Likes

Bob (@bpaauwe),

You should rename this to “Restart” because some will misunderstand the intention. Some will think they can Stop and Start the nodserver and won’t understand that when it’s stopped, there is no way to communicate with it.

C1

2 Likes

in case anyone needs to see the .json file, here is what it looks like.

{“Username”:“NAME”,“Password”:“PASS”,“ISY”:“192.168.2.61”,“Profile”:3,“Port”:8288,“UDPPort”:50222,“Hub”:true,“SI”:true,“WFStationInfo”:[{“station_id”:1878,“air_id”:3337,“sky_id”:5590,“air_sn”:“AR-00005119”,“sky_sn”:“SK-00007032”,“latitude”:0,“longitude”:0,“elevation”:1743.76082155108,“remote”:false,“rapid”:true}]}

2 Likes

@bpaauwe,

I notice that Wind Lull is not sent to the ISY. Is there a reason you left it out?

Gary

2 Likes

Old age :):smile: It’s not something I have from my existing station so I just didn’t think about it.

2 Likes

I was old once. Then I got older.

3 Likes

Age is just a state of mind . . . providing we haven’t lost that, too.

2 Likes

If you see my mind running around somewhere, please let it know that I miss it and it is too small to be running around on its own… :rofl:

3 Likes