Is the HomeKit support ever coming?

I see the current topic on this is locked, and the last post was from June 2020. When I bought my Tempest I saw it had Siri support noted like a lot of other people had. This had me excited I could use it for automations.

Now I see it’s a feature request, not a feature. Out of interest, why was it listed as a feature when it was not?

I’m now looking for extra devices which can give pretty much all the information that the Tempest can, which is a shame

I’m currently using it via HomeBridge which works, but since it requires the internet, its half baked at best

The situation is explained in this post: [Apple] HomeKit Integration - #7 by dsj

1 Like

Thanks,

I did see that, but that post was about a year and a half ago. Is that project still going, or has it been scrapped?

The pro hub is still in development. Several of us funded it a while ago and are still waiting on it. The pandemic related issues have not helped its progress any, however.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember reading that the original hub was going to have some functionality around Siri, but then never did

Is it possible using the old hub to get HomeBridge support developed? Then it doesn’t have to conform to all of Apples requirements, but we can still access the data locally and push it into HomeKit anyway

I don’t know about everyone else, but that would be a fantastic solution

That is addressed in the link I provided above.