iOS widgets not loading (happens when station marked as 'private')

I have iPhone 6 Plus running IOS 12.1.4 and the Weatherflow app 2.51

For the last couple of days the weatherflow widgets have stopped working simply displaying “Unable to load”. The weatherflow app is working correctly. Other widgets also work correctly. I have rebooted the phone just in case!

Any other suggestions?

Cheers. Phil

Did you try removing and installing the application?

Phil, have you tried force closing the app and then relaunching? I get that too from time to time on my IPhone & IPad and find that generally works.

Gary: Yes - tried removing them, using WiFi or 4G connections without any success. However a small bit of progress today - The UV/Lux and Wind widgets display the graphics - but don’t display any data (i.e UV shows all “–” for data and the sun icon.

Vidguy7: Yes tried that - also tried rebooting phone but nothing seems to work. The Weatherflow app is working well - but the widgets just seem to have stopped.

Wait, what? Widgets? I don’t have that on Android :frowning:

@corrineb : could you trace the debug logs and see if you can help Phil please ?

@eric I forwarded this to our iOS developer @dtrauger. He will be able to help you guys out.

1 Like

Phil,

Is your station currently marked private? A current limitation of the widget is that it requires the station to be marked public in order for the widget to display properly. This is something that is on our roadmap for resolution.

Please let me know.

Derek

That’s it. I have had it set public for some time. Not sure how it got changed. But widgets back almost working. I still have a very small problem with the wind widget always displaying the N for wind direction whilst the compass pointer displays correctly. The weather app works fine. See attached screenshot.Image

Phil

Phil,

We were able to reproduce the direction related discrepancy you pointed out and it has been resolved in our development build. You should see this reflected in the next Apple Store release.

Thanks again for the report and let us know if you need any further assistance.

Derek

1 Like

Many thanks. It’s was just annoying! Will look for the update.

Phil