iOS Android - WeatherFlow Smart Weather "Settings" Crash (version 2.5 of App)

What version of the Android application are you running?

if you are running 2.18 that bug is fixed in an upcoming release.

I have version 2.20.
Before the update it was fine. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I am running 2.20 and it is working perfectly. I change it either way and it stays as I set it.

Try removing and installing the application.

Are you using Applie and Androud versions?

Maybe it’s an bug only on Android?
I’m using Android 8.1

But never had this issue. Only since the last update.
Also tried reinstalling it… Doesn’t fix it.

The issue is on Android. We are pushing out a hotfix for this shortly.

2 Likes

Thanks. Great work WF. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

I got V2.20(52), running Android ver 8.0.0 with no problems, what i cant do is update this app. The Play store still has the current app that I am using.

Is there already an update for this bug?
Still not staying on km/h… :slightly_smiling_face:

Is it wrong in the settings screen or wrong on the weather cards screen? A screenshot will help.

1 Like

Where can I get V2.20 (53)? I still have 52…

1 Like

Gary…

Every time I select km/h it’s fine.
But when I close the app and restart it , it shows mp/h again. :slightly_smiling_face:

It won’t stay on km/h. Everything else works fine. When I select Bft and close and restart, it is still on Bft.

This is before I close the app.
smartweather

And this is after I restart the app.
smartweather

1 Like

Understand. I’m guessing a fix to one bug in Android cause an even worse bug in Apple.

1 Like

You have it running on iOS?
I’m running the Android app. But @dsj wrote something about a hotfix?

1 Like

I am running Android and never had this issue. My understanding from reading all the posts is it is an issue for those that run both versions to adjust the settings and that it is an Apple application issue.

P.S. I probably understand incorrectly.

1 Like

Alright. Think there will be an fix shortly.
Or else with the next app update. :blush::+1:

Hi Gary - I am the original poster of the bug. As indicated in my “steps to reproduce” towards the beginning of this thread, this issue occurs when you are using the WeatherFlow apps on both Android AND iOS. The core issue is that updating the wind speed to KM/H using the Android app will cause the iOS app to crash if you attempt to access the Settings (in iOS). I have been told there is a bug in the Android app this causes this issue and it will be addressed in a future release.

Strange… I only run it on my Android phone. But I also got this issue.
Never had it running in iOS.

Your issue is different. This issue is Apple devices crash if changes are made with as Android device.

1 Like

Oke Thnx Gary… I misunderstood. My fault. :blush:

No fault. I think these are a related to a bug I reported October 19, 2018. So maybe the next general release will correct both applications.