[HW] Indoor Temp and Humidity

I did get a response from WF customer support and “he” said that there is an in-home module on the roadmap. No sense of when it will arrive however.

I’ll throw my name in the hat on this one too! I could not believe that the base station did not come equipped with onboard sensors for indoor temperature and humidity. Just seemed like this should have been “standard” for the base station. Actually, I would like more information on the base station, is it software upgradable? I have to wonder is the developers gave the base station that much thought in advance? It would certainly be a welcomed addition the Tempest system. Voted!

1 Like

I would like to be able to read the temperature indoors. It should not be too hard to either includeone in the hub or have an externally connected sensor.

Hi Albert,
There is a feature request which would be happy to accept your vote.
I will move this request over.
The search feature using the magnifying glass will help with your research on this forum.
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

Hi Ian

Thank you for your response. I am having difficulty locating the post and how to vote. Is there anywhere I can get help for these problems?

Regards

Albert

Hi Albert,
If you are viewing this discussion in a browser window either on a computer or your mobile, scroll to the top of this topic. I moved your topic into this topic because it seems the same to me. You should see a vote button where I see a ‘limit’ button because I have used all my votes. If you click the vote button you should see the number of votes increase with your vote added to it.
Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 1.33.24 PM

The feature request voting system is explained in this thread:

Another useful tip using this forum is to always search using the magnifying glass at the top of this page to try and find your answer prior to adding your question.

good luck cheers Ian :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a great idea!

Does your smart thermostat read above 99 degrees? Mine does not so it would be great to know more if yours does.

Of course, I usually don’t need to know about temperatures of above 100 degrees inside my home but when the need arose last summer, I really wished I had that ability.

The best I could come up with was to go outside/inside/outside/inside and make a best guess as the temperature differential. As the temperature started to drop, ever so slightly in the evening, I discovered a temp when there didn’t seem to be much (if any) difference, so my best guess for inside the house was somewhere in the neighborhood of 103° F.

Even if I didn’t need to read temperatures above 99°, it would still be nice to not be limited to reading temps in the one hallway with the smart thermostat.

I have a bunch of Ecowitt indoor T+H sensors and a gateway for that so I did catch the data from the heat wave at the end of June down a couple miles from the water in Federal Way. Got to 87 inside on the sunny side. Gotta love thermal drapes and the new windows we put in last year. Outdoor only got to mid 101’s here though, not the crazyland temperatures folks got even 5 miles inland from me.

FWIW, the ecowitt sensors are only 13 bucks and have a display on them. I eventually bought a handful so I have data from a bunch of rooms, feeding MQTT and displaying along with my weather data on the Home Assistant dashboard.

2 Likes

Very nice. I assume these can display temperatures above 99° F? I’ll check them out - much as I’d like the convenience of a single system, I’m not opposed to pulling together different elements to make things work how I want.

I’d like to believe we’re not likely to get to the same 108° temps again outside that we did last June, but not banking on it. With the cooler start so far, we may get a reprieve this year but I’m not counting on that lasting.

from the web page - “The sensor actually can measure from -40F - 140F(-40C ~60C) and send the data to receiver. However the screen display of the sensor might not work below 14F(-10C).

1 Like

I am a brand new Tempest owner and totally agree with this. Indoor humidity and temp is very important to me. Currently, I am forced to keep my very old Oregon Scientific weather station hub (which I was replacing) to have this information available to me and displayed inside. In a way, I am regretting my purchase due to the lack of this information and the lack of a dedicated display.

1 Like

they used to have a two month return window after purchase (but not 100% sure if that is still the case). If you really regret it, you can return it.

Just buy a $12.99 Ecowitt WH31 indoor T+H sensor if you don’t mind looking at its little display. I have one in many rooms inside and have them all integrated into my kindle-based Home Assistant dashboard (requires their $35.99 gateway).

1 Like

I love my Tempest except that it does not have a weather station display with indoor and outdoor temp and humidity. All the competitors have it. I have an iPad as the weather display but don’t like the Tempest app so much as a weather station. It would great if there was a weather station tab in at the app. That would work.

1 Like