HUB Firmware Revision v171

I’ve recently undertaken a “tedious” project" to see what firmware version most of the Tempest stations have. Of the hundreds and hundreds of stations I have polled. . .most (~75%) of them are on Firmware v171. A few stations (like the 4 of mine) are still on v170. What update (parameters) does v171 provide for the majority of stations that have it as opposed v170 for the ones not yet updated?

most significant add to this firmware is a backup DNS server as with some wifi connections, those are coming in or late, not at all or are from some weird ISP not letting the Hub talk to the servers. That’s about it. And if you want to know which DNS, one I banned very long ago for trying to sneak way to much :wink:

I’m assuming. . .as in past firmware “roll-outs” that it takes a considerable amount of time to get many stations upgraded. New stations (which people have recently purchased) are probably already “factory-updated” with v171.

I’ve also noticed a couple of stations on FW v172 !

I would like to start logging the various firmware levels on mine so I can see if that matches a new issue (like my recent wifi drops)

You must be polling public data about stations… via the web or api?
Do you know if there is a way to query the devices on the local network for this info?

thanks

It’s in the UDP broadcasts the Hub emits.