Hub connection when adding an additional AIR

I just got an additional AIR for indoor use and am trying to add it to my PWS. The Hub initially has a steady green light. Then when I open the app on my iPad the Hub shows steady blue. The AIR shows a flashing green. When I follow the steps in the app (+) after about a minute of searching for the Hub I get a message “No hub detected.” I’ve tried power cycling the Hub several times and get the same result. The PWS seems to be connected to my WiFi as it is showing current data.

What am I doing wrong? Thanks.

As you are asking for a station individual issue, it is always a good idea to mention the related station ID either in the post or in your profile (see request-to-add-your-weather-station-share-link-in-your-profile.

Anyway, here are some points you might check:
Is the Bluetooth turned on on your iPad ?
Restart the WF app.
Resart the iPad and then restart the WF app.

Does one of these help to solve the issue ?

To add an additional Air,

Press the Gear in the top left corner.
Press Station.
Press the station name.
Press Manage Devices.
Press + in the top right corner.
Press Air.
Follow the on-screen instructions.

Gary,
Thanks, that did it. Don’t know why I couldn’t figure it out for myself!
Cheers

1 Like

dsfg, Thanks. Got it figured out!

Cheers

1 Like

Very good.
And what was the solution?

To add an additional Air,

Press the Gear in the top left corner.
Press Station.
Press the station name.
Press Manage Devices.
Press + in the top right corner.
Press Air.
Follow the on-screen instructions.

That standard procedure ?

Then would be the question left, why it did not made it at the first time ?

Many times, it’s not easy for us to do things, the first time. After we do it, we then think it was easy and obvious.

I didn’t know when I started so I spent hours going over every option in the application. I created stations, deleted stations, added devices, deleted devices and tried every option.

it was an interesting experience.

2 Likes

Because the interface is foriegn to most people and there is no paper owners manual. Many don’t search online before they attempt to use the application.

1 Like

But it is his second Air so he should have done this at least once and it looks like not really long ago, anyway.
It’s connected now and that’s the most important thing.

It’s a different process. Adding a new station and devices is totally different from adding an additional device.

Having to press Manage Devices does not tell you that this is where you add a new device. Most would look for a button that says “Add New Device.”

1 Like

Yeah, apparently I didn’t notice the difference between adding a station and adding a device, even though I read the instructions online. Then, I couldn’t get past the first step where you get the “locating device” message and I kept getting “No hub detected” so I couldn’t go any further. It’s not a big deal.

Now that I’ve got the second AIR installed, I wish I could delete the baro pressure and lightning indicator lines on the app display as they are redundant. There’s a lot to like about WF but I wish the displayed info was more “customizable.”

Give it time. WeatherFlow is responsive to suggestions. David has stated many times that the applications will be enhanced but at this time it’s a lower priority than getting the current firmware updated and the currennt hardware in place.

This product is showing great improvement on a weekly basis.

1 Like

I’m sure WF will offer improvements in the future, it’s a pretty elegant setup right now.

It’s been really helpful to be able to get answers to questions from people like GaryFunk, other testers, and WF customer support on this board. In my (very) limited experience with these PWS’s it’s a real plus.

2 Likes

The key to getting the best answer is to ask a detailed question, as you have demonstrated, I understood exactly what you wanted to do and I was able to ascertain where you had the issue.

It won’t take you long to gain the experience and soon you will be answering questions for others.

:+1: Thanks, Gary. Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

From memory not certain but I think Gary explained and I was able to remove them by swiping them sideways, and if that doesnt work it might be possible to move the order by dragging.
Otherwise I think weatherflow can remove them if you ask them.
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

Cheers, Ian. I’ve tried swiping but I’ll try it again. G’day mate!

1 Like