How well is shipping going?

Settle down folks. No one at WeatherFlow is trying to screw you. As we said numerous times in this forum thread, on Indiegogo comments, in email replies, in customer support contacts: it’s not as simple as your order number (and that’s Indiegogo order number, not BackerKit number which is not relevant). To restate what was said before: "

As you surmise, our first batches have been SKY-only deliveries to the US. This is for a variety of production, logistical, servicing, and business reasons. It’s fine to complain, we get it…which is why we said previously: no matter how intelligently we attempt to organize someone will complain.

We’re gonna keep our heads down and focused on pushing more orders out the door.

10 Likes

Whoo hoo! Just got the shipping info for my SKY. Can’t wait to get it installed :grinning:

1 Like

We have become an impatient society. Ordering an item used to take weeks: Amazon has that down to one day.

I remember reading about HDTV technology. It took the US over 12 years

My first flight to Vietnam took 60 hours. Now that’s down to 19.

Not everything we want is going to be delivered on a schedule that pleases us. I’m pretty much resolved to never get what I want.

After all, I’m married with children.

3 Likes

I get it, people are impatient, but you have to realize that you invested in a project being developed. Things change, issues arise, timelines get extended, we knew going in this wasn’t a product sitting on a shelf somewhere.

Personally I think the communication from weatherflow has been top shelf. Many other similar projects would just go radio silent through all the delays and issues for as long as it took leaving everyone wondering. I’ve enjoyed following the progress along the way and have felt like part of it.

My AIR is awesome and I’m sure my SKY will be as well, I’d rather you take your time, get it right and bring me along for the ride than meet estimated timelines and provide a crap product.

Keep up the great work weather flow team!

12 Likes

I just got the notice that my Sky is shipping and I’m so excited. Kudos to the WeatherFlow team for coming up with such a brilliant idea that then having the ability to make it come to life!

Actually that’s wrong I’m beyond excited! Thank you so much!

1 Like

Technology is a wonderful thing.

Update

Screenshot_20180525-083506_Deliveries

2 Likes

It would have been nice to have explicitly told us that…if you did, I sure missed it in the postings to date.

So let me ask more specifically:

• how many more Sky-only orders do you have to ship before you start working down the sky+air+hub orders ?
  • how long will it take to start shipping the sky+air+hub orders ?

Not complaining, just trying to understand which April I can expect delivery in…

6 Likes

I agree. I thought I would maybe save you guys some money and receive my order in one shipment instead of two. I did not know I would be penalized for my efforts.

4 Likes

You are not intentionally being penalized. All Sky units are being shipped from China. Unfortunately the Sky units for complete systems have to be sent to WeatherFlow to be packaged with the Air and Hub. That ha caused an unfortunate but logical delay.

4 Likes

Status ORDER LOCKED
The campaigner has locked your order in preparation for fulfillment. Please contact the campaigner directly if you need to edit your shipping address or have questions about the status of your order.
Order ID
Order Date
July 6, 2016
Estimated Delivery Date
November 2016

When is WF planning to “fullfill” . The reasons keep changing , but the issues are still the same.

We laughed when I suggest Christmas 2018, but I think it might be right. WF is not providing us with accurate information and hence we are all annoyed.

2 Likes

have you not read any of the replies above?

3 Likes

So does that mean that we will have to wait till the factory starts backup and makes the Air and Hubs to go along with the skys or are they going to ship all of backer units from the US. Not heard anything lately, I was figuring sometime in late June for myself as I am order # 3004
Also does Weatherflow still plan on taking public orders on website in June as advertised?

Just curious
Thanks

Can you explain the term in-situ calibration via data science & AI routines.
Thanks,
Dicky

I would like to remind everyone about the Grumman Lunar Module. I see so many comparisons here. I thank God those complaining did not try to place a man on the moon. Let me explain.
What weatherflow is doing here is really out of the box thinking. No company has ever tried anything with so much technology built into a system at such a low pricing level. When you are the first to attempt greatness, you have no history to fall back on. Certain things that worked in the lab will not work in real world. I keep reading people are mad cause it is behind schedule.

Let me remind you some of our greatest accomplishments have been behind schedule. I don’t care if it takes another 6 months. We are working on something great here. I get it, I am just as much of a weather junkie as anyone else. But I also know that their is a reason our President still flies in a marine one helicopter built decades ago. Because not all plans work asap.

So let’s all just chill out.

7 Likes

My Sky made it to Denver. Now I wait…

Screenshot_20180527-210706_Deliveries

Have you received your production station?

Also heard there some issues with the rain sensor?

My SKY is still stuck in Hong Kong.

cant picture that one but sounds interesting … best get back to topic police are about…:slight_smile:

My Sky is in New York. It won’t be long now.

1 Like