How well is shipping going?

August 3 Update
Just sent tracking numbers via email for the 341 complete stations shipped to 273 backers. These included backers in United States, Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, and Taiwan as previously noted on July 31. For these countries, this represents Indiegogo order numbers up through approximately #2570.

Factory production is humming along, more batches on the way.

2 Likes

I guess I should be lucky I got the 1st SKY N AIR ā€“ some people donā€™t even have their fist SKY N AIR

2 Likes

Itā€™s going to be so hard to read the weatherMeter display on the antenna mountā€¦ :slight_smile: I waited until the closing hours, too. My order number is exactly 40 units ahead of you.

1 Like

Hey Gary. What is the going estimate for receiving my shipment after finally getting my tracking number confirmation email? Got the email yesterday and have attempted to track it, but, itā€™s still too early. I live in upstate NY and am awaiting the whole system. Thanks.

Itā€™s generally 11 days but can stretch to 16 depending on FedEx.

Thanks for responding so quickly Gary. Another question if you donā€™t mind. Since I donā€™t have my weather station yet and cannot set it up on my iPhone app, is there any provision in the app to add a webcam feed ? I have a Hubble cam connected to my home network which is currently pointed at my empty mast on my deck.

No cameras or any other external applications or links.

Iā€™m guessing that way the app wonā€™t be subjected to possible third party glitches and so forth. Either way I am psyched to be getting my new station very soon. My old lacrosse broke down months ago and my data has been offline on weather underground ever since. My local hospital which is a few blocks away had been using my data for maintenance predictions during foul weather.

The link sent by BackerKit to that yuntrack.com web site was about a day slow on my last shipment. There was another site where you could put in the ā€œYTā€ number and get more current info, but I donā€™t remember where it was off the top of my head.

My second order just left the Shenzhen sort facility just before midnight their time. If I remember correctly, my last shipment spent a day in Hong Kong customs before crossing the Pacific and arriving at JFK Airportā€¦ironically passing right over my house at 21,000 feet here in the Hudson Valley. It spent several days in the Customs warehouse at JFK waiting for clearance, and finally was released apparently to a courier who took it to FedEx in Monroe Township NJ.

Just when you think that youā€™re home free, FedEx adds another day because YUN shipped it with the postal final delivery option. Ironically, the FedEx truck doing the dropoff at our local post office has to drive past my house to add another day to the agonizing wait.

Long story short, the long number in the second column of the YUN tracking page (probably starts with a 6) is the FedEx tracking number. My current shipment is telling me that a shipping label has been created, and they are waiting for it to arrive in Monroe Township NJ.

If you havenā€™t obtained them yet, now would be a good time to get a 12-pack of AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. You will be needing them possibly as soon as next weekend if JFK Customs doesnā€™t delay the shipments too long this timeā€¦

2 Likes

Sweet. Iā€™m currently finalizing a ladder type antenna mast which will go up the back of my garage to the peak of my house. My current location is on a 10 foot steel pole on my back deck, however, it is in kind of a bowl between my house and adjoining trees which gives it an iffy wind catch. This will give me time to be ready when my new baby gets here. I already have an 8 pack of energizer lithium batts.

1 Like

Anyone have details on the earlier mentioned program where unshipped weather stations could be sold to folks who missed the deadline? Thanks!

No one has volunteered to sell.

Thanks Gary. I may be but wasnā€™t sure of what the process was should I decide to do so.

If you want to sell, I will buy your station. Just let me know.

Thatā€™s awesome, thanks Gary! I was really hoping to do some cool things (both with the weather station and the data) with my daughter over the summer break, so am looking to see what I might be able to get before school starts up. If I find anything I can use, Iā€™ll certainly let you know.

Thanks again!

Congrats Vreihen on becoming one of the lucky ones! I know itā€™s been a long wait, but Iā€™m certain it will have been worth it in the end. Funny how obsessed weā€™ve all become over this little gadget. If it had arrived in two days via Amazon Prime, I doubt we would have such an emotional attachment to this clever assemblage of plastic bits.

Let us know when you finally have it in your hot little hands. My anticipation grows.

-Ray

2 Likes

I think we have been spoiled by Amazon Prime shipping.

4 Likes

Gary, hope you can help. I canā€™t seem to find info on how the sky actually attaches to a pole. WF says to use a pole with an OD of 1.315 inches. I will be using a 5 foot aluminum pole with an OD of 1 1/8 inches. Will a wrap or 2 of duct tape be sufficient to attach the sky ? Otherwise, how do I attach sky to pole ? Thanks for all the assistance!

The pole slips up inside a compression clamp. You screw the compression ring which clamps the fingers around the pole.

The pole mount with the Sky has fingers and a threaded collar, that will ingeniously clamp onto more or less any pipe from 1.315" down to about (eyeballing tape measure) 1-1/8" just by tightening the collar. If youā€™re off by a smidge, duct tape will surely work on the mast to pad it out enough for the clamp to hold.

Duct tape is like The Force from Star Wars - It has a light side, it has a dark side, and itā€™s the only thing holding the universe togetherā€¦ :rofl:

5 Likes