How well is shipping going?

Most of us know the ‘great’ are playing high stake games for political and financial power. There is not much we can do (regardless where we are on this little globe)

Let’s just take it as is and not start to blame whoever … guess for now we’ll have to live with it sadly enough. :expressionless:

1 Like

Probably nothing that a good old fashioned bribe won’t take care of

2 Likes

Why weren’t the early backers used as testers??? Or asked if they wanted to be?? I asked you guys if you needed help as I have an electronics background for over 25 years?

Jeff

Hi guyz,

Rough ball park guess when PA folk might be seeing a shipment?? Backer 782.

Thanx,
Jeff

Just curious… no rush, prefer to have it working out-of-the-box instead of returning for issues

there has been a dedicated group of field testers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The field testers tested for over a year.

2 Likes

Hi Gary, yes I know. Just curious why people with the appropriate backgrounds weren’t asked if they were interested in assisting you

I’m confused which thread I should be following for “How well is shipping going?” There’s this thread, the June 25 thread, and a July 2 update. No offense to posters, but this thread seems to have devolved.

3 Likes

but the field testers included people with the appropriate backgrounds
not sure why you would be suggesting otherwise

2 Likes

There are different types of field testers. Some are weather, some are hardware and some are software.

I have very little experience in weather except I can tell when a tornado was ready to form about 15 minutes before it did. But that was 40 years ago in Oklahoma.

Now I work with hardware and write software and live in Colorado where there is not much severe weather.

1 Like

Hi @njjeff201 You are Indiegogo Order # 1839. Per the Shipping Update June 25 we have shipped up through ~ #1800. Your complete station should line up to go out in the next batch once the factory resumes production per the Production update July 2.

Actually, we have a huge and helpful group of qualified field testers – over 100 around the globe – who have provided crucial input during the R&D process. We have field tested with engineers of all variety, meteorologists, folks from NWS and NASA and NCAR, experts in precip measurement, utility companies, and the average Joe. You probably just missed the window to participate back in May/June 2016…but thanks for offering!

3 Likes

Order number 3108

Am I correct in understanding that weatherflow can not provide any indication whatsoever on when units would be shipped. Eg. within 30 days, 90 days, 1 year

It appears that no one can even confirm my order is in the pipeline. I ordered late as you stated on your site order before we close the campaign as we are now shipping. It didn’t say we will ship in another 12 months time.

Too many scams have been hosted on sites like indiegogo and Kickstarter. I can only repudiate transactions for non delivery within 90 days.i

I want to say that I promise you this is not a scam. However, I do not speak for WeatherFlow.

I can, however, tell you that WeatherFlow is an old and reputable company and that it’s top officers have an excellent reputation in the business.

Now, on the other hand, WeatherFlow underestimated the difficulty in producing a weather station using advanced technology. That being said, the company has spent way more developing this product than it took in through Indiegogo and yet units are still being produced and shipped.

It’s not that WeatherFlow does not want to ship you a station. There is no one single reason for the delay. It’s a list of several issues that include; hardware availability, hardware changes, firmware changes, software changes and a lot of “supply chain issues” and “contract manufacturing.”

Those of us that have stations are not sitting here gloating. In fact, many of us that have a station know darn well that those of you that are still waiting may get stations with better hardware and firmware.

I know these words don’t justify the wait and nothing I tell you will reduce your anguish caused by the delays but please know there would be a mass uproar by all of us if we thought WeatherFlow was being less than honest

7 Likes

How can you talk about it being a scam when only the last 15% or so of orders are still to be filled? (which hopefully they will be over the next 3 to 4 weeks

1 Like

I think the non-shipped orders is much higher than that. Maybe around 40%.

1 Like

With all of the unknowns, we can’t give you a number of days. We can only speak in probabilities, and we can’t even put numbers on those! So, I can say that it’s extremely probable your station will ship within 90 days and reasonably probable it will ship within 30 days. We’re doing everything we can to make sure it’s even sooner, if possible.

So, there are no guarantees with respect to time but we do guarantee that we will ship you a weather station or give you your money back.

Amen. Yes, we’re looking forward to the days when we have plenty of stock in stores and warehouses around the world and never again having to tell someone to wait Thanks Gary!

6 Likes

As WF has eloquently put it in the recent past, they have a much better track record forecasting the weather than they do forecasting ship dates. Last that I’ve heard, David is over in China at the factory personally supervising the completion of the production run…including the unit that I’ve been patiently waiting for since August 2016. The folks at WF aren’t peddling vaporware, and ask for our patience while they solve the issues like trade sanctions that are slowing down the production of the final pre-order batch…

3 Likes

Natives are getting restless.
Since I was the one who first started stirring the non-delivery pot, I want to say I think the WF folks have learned their lesson about speculative communication and are doing their darndest to fulfill their orders.
The communication we have been getting about this bad situation is now clear and concise.
That doesn’t mean this story has a happy ending, but it does mean they are trying.
Their money back guarantee is impressive for an Indegogo deal.
Here is hoping I will get a Air+Sky before the snow flies and installation becomes difficult in the northern latitudes.

2 Likes

Don’t forget that they also offered to let backers sell their un-delivered unit to someone else who missed the original campaign order deadline…

5 Likes

Oh no! Don’t want too sell my WF station!! I have since learned that patience is a virtue. With David being in China gives me hope that we all will take delivery of our stations in the near future. I too want WF to succeed.

6 Likes