How do you change owners and reset the units?

I will probably buy a unit that is offered on the blog. I have an extensive list of weather nuts due to my long envolvement in SkyWarn. I will offer it to a seleced few where I would like to see another station (at my cost).

How do you regerister a new owner and reset the units for a new location?

How does this effect warranty and interface with WF?

As you pair the hub with the original WF App all (especially if it is a new app installation) all references to the old owner are gone. Hence, you have a fresh default setup and will be able to set your most liked units.

So on the Data path should not be any interfernece with WF. About the warranty @anon84912554 has to tell you.

BUT you have to be aware on the frequencies, there is a 918 MHz type and 868 MHz, depending on your local governmental rules. (What’s you country ?)

2 Likes

On the Hub there is s small hole above the LED. Use a paperclip to press and hold it for five seconds while it is powered. For the Air and Sky press and hold the LED button for five seconds.

3 Likes

Thanks Gary for adding the necessary first step I forgot… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Hi @dsfg

I am interested to know which frequency you are using in Australia?
Is there a list of which countries/areas are using each frequency?

cheers Ian :slight_smile:

Both mentioned frequencies refer to the so called ISM-bands (industrial, scientific and medical (ISM) radio bands) (Further information here on Wikipedia:

ISM radio band - Wikipedia

For short :
According to this list Austrlia is within the 915 MHz community :wink:

This List is weather an official document nor an stable reference. But a good hint as it notes the relevant legale sources for a lot of countries.

Especially, for Australia, I know 915 MHz is actually the frq to choose.

1 Like

The reset button on the Hub will wipe the saved WiFi configuration. You can also hard reset the Hub by unplugging, holding the reset button down and reapplying power. Devices are reset by pressing and holding the LED button next to the battery door.

AIR/SKY Frequencies
915 MHz: Australia, Canada, Israel, Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, Taiwan, United States
868 MHz: Everywhere else

In regards to warranty and ownership transfer - it is not an uncommon practice for the manufacturer to offer a warranty transfer. Usually a form is involved. @WFmarketing, thoughts?

3 Likes