Homekit integration

Hi, any update on Siri? This https://youtu.be/oeKfZDaK2a0 is showing Siri support. Hoping the release is imminent, looking forward to tapping into my data with Shortcuts app.

1 Like

Yes, Siri integration is still on the roadmap and should be released around the same time the Tempest starts shipping.

3 Likes

I know it’s been a long while since this topic has been touched, but if possible I’d love to hear if there are any updates? I know with new hardware coming out there’s an opportunity there, but I also know that in recent years the requirement for a dedicated hardware chip for HomeKit integration has been largely supplanted by software integration. I’m trying to decide between the Tempest and the Netatmo weather station, which does feature HomeKit integration.

1 Like

If you are looking for HomeKit, your only option is to hack something together with Homebridge. As I understand it Weatherflow has no plans for full HomeKit support but they are adding Siri integration. I use homebridge-weather-plus. Not ideal but it helps get me most (not all) of what I want.

Alex. Regarding that plugin, are you using it to read your weatherflow data? Or are you reading data from one of the other API sources they already offer? I’m looking for a Homebridge plugin that reads MY weatherflow data, and I can’t believe that no one has created one yet.

Yes and No! Its not ideal but I have my station feeding WU, I then have the plugin reading my WU station ID. Not perfect but it works.

Ha! Yes. I just realized that you can still get API access if you have a wx station. Now that I do this will absolutely work. I was using the WxUnderground API to access nearby data before it was EOL. I can get this working again with my own data. Thanks!

I was able to add my Tempest to WeatherUnderground as a new station. I received a station ID and Name, and also an API key.

Once I had the API Key, i was able to add the HomeBridge Plugin noted above to my HomeBridge system on my Raspberry Pi.

My PWS data then showed up in the Eve HomeKit app and I’m able to create automations based on wx conditions from the Tempest.

2 Likes

I hope HomeKit support is coming soon!

1 Like

Define how you use the word ‘soon.’

1 Like

You might vote for that feature in the feature requests category ?

1 Like

Thanks. Did not see that listed as a feature request. Will look again