History Rain Max Data

I regularly use the history page and click on day/week/month/year/alltime to see what and when the minimum temperature and maximum temperature was during those times. Is there any reason why a “maximum rain” field could not be added to this page? Specifically, I would like to be able to click on a time frame (again, day/week/month/year/alltime) and quickly see what and when the largest amount of rainfall was recorded. Thank you very much for your consideration!

Interesting request. Can you give us an example of what you mean by maximum rain? The app shows total rain. Say for the week, do you want to see the highest total rain for any day in that week? What if you pick a single day time frame, do you want to see the highest total rain for any hour in that day?

Do you instead mean show a maximum rain rate for the selected time frame? Would it be a fixed rain rate in inches/hour?

Sorry, I did not explain that very well – here’s another try…

When I go to the history page, I can tap on “Day” and then change the actual day and quickly see what the minimum temperature and maximum temperature was for the day. Likewise, I can click on “Week” (or “Month/Year/AllTime”) and then change the actual week (or month/year/alltime) and quickly see what the minimum temperature and maximum temperature was for that particular time period. It also shows me on exactly what day those minimum and maximum values were recorded. For example - The app tells me a minimum temperature of 53.4 was recorded on 10/31 and a maximum temperature of 85.1 was recorded on 11/04. Personally, I find this info very interesting and useful!

So, I am asking for a similar thing for rainfall. When I click on a certain time period, I would like to know what was the maximum amount of rain for a particular day during the period (and of course on which day that happened). If I click on “Day”, this value would simply be the amount of rain recorded for that day. In that respect, it is the same as the “Total” already displayed. If I click on “Week” (or “Month/Year/AllTime”), this value would be the maximum amount of rain recorded during that time period.

Here is a more concrete example – Let’s say I click on “Week” with the time period of 10/24/22 - 10/30/22. Let’s also say it rained 2 inches on 10/24, 3 inches on 10/25, 9 inches on 10/26/22, and 0 inches on all other days. As such, the app displays that the “Total” for this time period is 14 inches. I am asking for the app to also display that the maximum rainfall during this time period was 9 inches on 1026/22.

Does that make sense? I guess I find it cool that I can say “Wow! We had an incredible low of 11 F Degrees back on February 16, 2021” by simply clicking on history, then “Year” (or “AllTime”). I would like to be able to do the same for rainfall (i.e. “Wow! We had an unbelievable 23 inches of rainfall on August 10, 2016. That must have been during Hurricane Katrina!”

Lol - I think I underexplained myself in my first post, and overexplained myself in my second post.

Let me directly address your post…

Interesting request. Can you give us an example of what you mean by maximum rain? The app shows total rain. Say for the week, do you want to see the highest total rain for any day in that week?

If I understand what you are asking, I believe my answer is “yes”.

What if you pick a single day time frame, do you want to see the highest total rain for any hour in that day?

Good Question - Personally, I think I would be fine with Maximum just being equal to Total when a single day time frame is selected. But, I guess I could understand how that might be confusing to some users. Highest total rain for any hour in that day might be fine as well. In general, I guess the single day time frame is not particularly interesting – maybe only have maximum displayed for other non-day time frames? I don’t know!