Heads up: minor change to UDP "device_status" message coming up

Note, we’re removing the “freq” (device frequency) parameter from the UDP device_status message in an upcoming firmware release. Just wanted to drop a heads-up to anyone who might have code that’s expecting that parameter to be there.

3 Likes

Well…

I frequently wondered why it frequently changed and how I could frequently use the frequency data.

I will remove it and push out the other changes so @dan.gealt can see what I may have broken.

Marklar

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll have to remove it from the ISY node server.

1 Like

Oh, take it easy on yourself Gary . . . I don’t think you broke anything this month yet . . .

4 Likes

I guess I’m not trying enough.

5 Likes

Hi David,

Can you share the technical or business reasons for doing so? :thinking:

1 Like

David,

Would you consider moving some of the other non-essential data to X_debug packets? This would allow WeatherFlow to add and remove parameters that are of no use to the oversll weather data.

Also any foreseeable future non-essential parameters to be removed?

3 Likes

(1) it was not working correctly, (2) it doesn’t really belong in the “device” level message and (3) it is not necessary for anything.

I think adding future non-essential data to _debug messages is a great idea, but if the data in other messages isn’t wrong and isn’t hurting anything, we aren’t likely to change it proactively (ain’t broke, don’t fix).

None in the foreseeable, but probably some in the unforeseeable!

4 Likes