Heads-up: Forum Updates

Hello everyone,
We wanted to push some changes to the forum in anticipation of expanding our community with new Tempest backers and customers alike. We’ll begin to roll-out these changes this weekend. They are mostly aesthetic and organizational updates. Special thanks to @eric for making this happen among others :wink:

We hope everyone continues to enjoy the community as it grows and flourishes. Thank you all for being a part of this!

11 Likes

As mentioned by Tim I’m starting the changes, some are visible, some not but it will take a few hours to complete and meanwhile a white page can happen. Just reload …

3 Likes

I like the new color sceam ! :+1:

Clear, reserved auf supporting.

all done, hopefully I didn’t forget anything

Hope you will like the new colours, less categories and a few icons. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: New Tempest Weather System

Looks great @eric! :+1::+1:

2 Likes

Where is the setting door dark mode?

2 Likes

I disabled dark mode for now. The changes just don"t work on dark mode, especially for colour blind people. Colour and contrast just fade to almost unreadable.
And I need to tweak that theme completely to make it match the light one.
Below side by side normal and a colour blind version, see how icons and colors just disappear ? I’d need to make a complete other colour pallet
Last is colour blind on light theme (stays readable)
I can do the quick swap on themes but honestly, won’t be nice

1 Like

@GaryFunk : just for you, made the changes in dark theme and activated it. Hope you can live with it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeeeeecccccchhhhh - very harsh looking.

Can we have the old colors back as a selectable theme please ?

I’m afraid not. The category colours are not in the theme and you can’t set several neither. I’ll dig more into Discourse but out of the box i can’t do what you ask.

1 Like

Thank you. It looks good. And don’t be afraid. It is what it is.

3 Likes

I don’t think that the dark mode looks too bad on my new 16" Macbook Pro screen… :first_quarter_moon_with_face:

2 Likes

Nothing like social distancing to get the Mastercard a good workout !

5 Likes

More like 24 months of no interest financing from a local authorized dealer, plus a $200 off sale below even the educational pricing. My two-year-old 13" Macbook Pro started having the notorious keyboard bounce problem just as we started working from home, and I couldn’t afford a week’s down time to ship it out for warranty repair. After factoring in Uncle Sam’s $1200 gift and the resale/trade-in value of the 13" computer, I’m only about $500 out-of-pocket for a better keyboard, larger screen, and 8 cores of Intel i9 CPU goodness…

4 Likes

And it looks fine on my $500 Chromebook. Better yet, I didn’t have to finance it. :wink:

4 Likes

The deals the last few weeks have never been better. I’ve so much you would think it’s Christmas every day.

3 Likes

Merci, Éric. Progress is a mainstay of Weatherflow and its followers.

3 Likes

Something is missing.

1 Like

I guess the new logo is blending into the dark theme

2 Likes