Garmin watch integration

has anyone tried to integrate the weatherflow data with a garmin watch?

1 Like

I just bought a Garmin watch (for exercise body data) and have been experimenting with different weather Apps and Widgets.
So far the best solution for my own weather station data displayed in a widget that scrolls between 3 displays is using the WeatherUnderground data (I realise this is not as accurate as directly from Weatherflow) through this widget:

cheers Ian :slight_smile:

Nice. I bought one two years ago and have been thinking about writing an app for it that connects to your WeatherFlow acct… Or to a WxBox station.

1 Like

My weather station data is now displayed on my Garmin watch. It is being displayed via the ikitesurf App where I have a membership and selected my weather station and some others as favourites. I then installed an App called iKitesurf Wind Info created by Float Angels

and set it up using these instructions:

Once selecting the App called ‘wind info’ I can then display the weather as my watch face or scroll through my other ikitesurf App favourite weather stations.
It only shows the most recent reading from ikitesurf where it usually is up to 5 minutes old but on my watch at times has been up to 15 minutes old.

If you are thinking of creating something.
A Garmin watch application to call the Weatherflow Tempest API and provide the data into any Garmin watch Application could be useful. There are other Apps that do similar.
If you create data fields that can be added to other Applications they would be much more useful than an Application.
Most people use another Application on their Garmin watch that suits their activity at the time. Providing the datafield that can be added to the Activity makes it more useful because the user can integrate the required fields where and how they require them.

1 Like