Gap in weather data showing in WeatherUnderground

Hello,

First time poster here.

I’ve setup the public API integration between my Tempest and Weather Underground.

For some reason when I go to WeatherUndergrhttps://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNJCLINT24ound I see a gap of data between 3am and 6am on 22-May-20. When I go to TempestWXhttps://tempestwx.com/station/18334/graph/63273/temp/2 I don’t see any gaps in data.

How can I see if the issue was with the API on WeatherFlow or with the API in WeatherUnderground’s side?

Hello novamario

There was indeed a problem in the back end of Weatherflow starting around 2am. It was solved in the mean time but I have no idea if it will back fill. I suppose not but I have asked internally. If I get an answer I’ll let you know.

Sorry for this but at the rate the new Tempest are coming online, little hiccups happen. Apologies again.

EDIT : confirmed, there will be no backfill.

OK, thanks. Is there an outage notification service we can sign up for so that we are alerted when this happens?

The bigger question is whether or not IBM has a service that we can subscribe to on those rare occasions when WU is working for everyone? If you look up train wreck in Wikipedia, it says “See Weather Underground” with this picture…

20180109003218-9ed50e21

4 Likes

Obligatory weewx mention here - there’s a utility if you use that software that queries and uploads missing records (not that I’d bother any more, as WU is spiralling into irrelevancy these days).

2 Likes

Obligatory weewx mention here - there’s a utility if you use that software that queries and uploads missing records (not that I’d bother any more, as WU is spiralling into irrelevancy these days).

I know that’s why I was hoping that WeatherFlow would have native support with OpenWeatherMap. Only reason why I installed the WU app is because that’s the only integration out of the box that WeatherFlow has :frowning:

Is there another API outage? My system is online but it seems Weather Underground is not getting data for about 4 hours.

it’s a problem IBM side and this is ongoing for months now. WU isn’t what it was anymore, pity enough.

1 Like

OK, thanks. I still wish there was a health dashboard for WeatherFlow.

Weather.com just laid off a bunch of people so it’s not going to get better…

3 Likes