Forum front page

Sad old me reads every post on the forum. I would pick up new, then updates and this left me with other unread post in the list on the right hand side that I had to manually find (they were in bold).

Today the front page has changed and I am not impressed as my poor little fingers have to do more mileage to get to the latest posts.

Is there any way we can configure the old way?

4 Likes

You can change the way the forum shows in your personal preferences under interface. This is only working when you are logged in :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cheers Eric,
As always a font of knowledge.

I have adjusted preferences to that, though the earlier version front page was more convenient.

3 Likes

Hate the new default beyond words.
Thank you much for the how to get around it !

3 Likes

Amazon changed the appearance of the “saved for later” items in my cart today to look like cards similar to the new forum looks like. I was starting to think it was a conspiracy. Thanks for the info on how to change it back!.

1 Like

Some UI intern got a homework assignment in night school it appears. They missed the part where making people do multiple extra clicks to navigate up/down/across is bad. Fail.

4 Likes

I am NOT a fan of the new front page. Looks more like an afterthought than a landing page.

Put it back to the way it was, please!

1 Like

I’m not sure what you guys are talking about. To me https://community.tempest.earth/ looks exactly the same as before.

It looks the same as it did on my phone, but the desktop very has been changed.

I never use my phone for reading the forum. My desktop looks like this, and it always looked like this. This is on firefox.

that’s because you set latest as default in your preferences, what users will see by default is categories and that part changed drastically.

3 Likes

aha, that might explain it.

Count me as a user who wants to go back to the former “front page” - category list on the left, recent posts on the right.

2 Likes