False Mysterious intermittant rain reporting

Only recently activated my new Weather Flow system (hub+AIR+SKY)… I have seen spurious, no time duration ‘Rain Reported’ notices coming from my system.
I see that you are looking into causes for this to tune the algorithms.
Well, some info about my installation. My SKY is on a SCHED 80 PVC 10’ piece of 1" piping. Attached to a 5’ metal fence post driven into the hardpan (lots of clay, little soil) of my yard. It is located 75’ from a CSX RR track…
I notice that the ‘instantaneous’ rain events occur when trains are transiting past my yard. This could indicate ground vibration… but what would a short train vs a long train mean to the rain ‘total’ shown in the data? Today’s first observation seems to reflect a correlational with length of train rumbling by (lots of low frequency ground vibrations) and the apparent amount of Rain in the rain event recorded… Short trains, .01"'s or .02"s of accumulation… LONG Trains yield a report of .,3" to .5" of rain in the ‘not-really-rain-events’.
I am not sure if it is the ground vibration or the acoustic SOUND being detected…
Just an FYI…
BUT, I KNOW when a train has gone by… if I could issue a ‘BELAY-THAT’ signal to cancel the false event I could clean up my data sourcing records…

Ben Antanaitis https://smartweather.weatherflow.com/share/5138

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rain sensor and vibrations