Customizing of Android / IOS dedicated display page

I have a few unused IOS and Android devices that work OK as dedicated Tempest displays. (In my experience, it seems that, some older devices that can’t run modern apps without crashing are perfectly happy running as dedicated Tempest displays 24/7. Go figure.)

However, the current display is not very exciting and is a little annoying to use.

For example, it would be really useful if it were possible to alter the font sizes so that one doesn’t have to scroll back and forth all the time to see all the Tempest fields. It should be possible to display all of the Tempest current data on one screen, even on a phone. Certainly on a pad! (Since screen sizes and resolutions vary so widely, allowing the users themselves to set the text size might be the easiest way to ensure that the display is readable for everyone. If the screen is really small or lo-res, they could continue to use scrolling to see all the fields.)

Some other possible things that could be customized:

• The order in which fields are displayed

• Background and text color.

• Setting alert limits by field and changing the field colors if a limit is exceeded.

• Graphics or icons to show current weather conditions.

• Different options for Landscape vs Portrait orientation

• I’m sure there are lots of other ways users might want to alter their station’s data display. (Any ideas would be welcome.)

If this is too difficult, maybe offering a number of predefined user templates for the display page would be easier.

Since Tempest doesn’t have a dedicated display (yet), allowing users the flexibility to create their own dedicated display page for their weather station could actually become a selling point. This approach would be less expensive for users (if they have devices lying around) and also cheaper for WeatherFlow to implement. Also, any hardware dedicated display device will look dated after a few years, so doing it in software would make it easier to stay current and to display new features as they are incorporated into the sensor.

If you are referring to the card or grid display (the blue background one) then all you have to do is tap&hold a card in the app and move it to where you want it.

Thanks gizmoev!

The order of fields can indeed be changed the way you mentioned. But my other suggestions might still be useful.

Frank

1 Like