Current Conditions

Unfortunately they are the conditions for the day. Mine currently says “conditions”: “Rain Possible”, but currently it’s partly cloudy here with no rain so far.

2 Likes

but combined with my previous answer that is the best you can get from weatherflow directly at the moment.

2 Likes

Thanks everyone, it’s a great product and love the API, keep up the great work!

2 Likes

If you run Weather Flow-through Weather Display then you get current conditions - so cloudy, raining, stopped raining etc

see https://www.weather-display.com/

Hope that helps

Andy

Not really, I am trying to get Current Conditions locally.
My current issue is fog and cloud calculations. I have noticed on cloudy days UV may actually go up (which is actually possible) so I need to look at the curve and/or compare to light levels or UV rad.

on partly cloudy days UV might go up when compared to a clear blue sky by as much as 25%.
If you really want to know the cloud coverage, you might consider buying a cheap camera with a 180 degree fish-eye lens and do some analysis on the image that. I got me one from china which even sees the clouds at night (nightsky2 - YouTube), but I still didn’t write software for calculating the cloud coverage.

Wd does give you local conditions though - as its directly from your local data. It also has fog and cloud calculations, based on solar percentages, also cloud height etc…

Still think its worth a look as its the only software i have found that outputs conditions as a text string - ie Partly Cloudy/Stopped Raining, Foggy etc

Andy

I’ll look again, but seeing the radar image made me think it was not all local.