Change Tempest display name on WindAlert?

I named my Tempest station “Still Water Lake Estates” and in the settings under public data I have also named the station “Still Water Lake Estates” but on WindAlert is still shows up as W Gentile St which is a street nearby. How do I get WindAlert to show the correct name?

Use this link and in the Weatherflow product select wind alert.
https://help.weatherflow.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Ask your question there
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the link.

1 Like

I just noticed some problems with my Windalert integration.
I had setup a hub ready for a remote location but it was still at my place. I had some failures and ended up changing my devices onto the hub setup with remote coordinates which caused it to have a different name. I had not thought about its location change being a problem because it was only 500m away and I was not using Windalert.
Today while reviewing Windalert I noticed they were using two of my hubs including my new hub with the incorrect coordinates and I corrected them and I notice that the hub kept the name of the remote address but its arrow on WindAlert has moved to the correct location.
I think Windalert needs to have some type of interface where we can change and confirm names and locations and heights for each Sky or Tempest when Windalert use our stations.
Because a single hub/station can only have one location yet it can host multiple Skys or Tempests over 10km apart and at near ground level or 10m high.
I may create a feature request depending on what we learn from Windalert.

I would like to know how you went with your name change?
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree! They have the names all messed up regarding my stations. You’d think they would at least scan the WF database every once in a while and make corrections. Also, they should just ignore stations which have public locations significantly different than the actual location given to WF.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 540 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.