Bug : Humidity anomaly in Air module

Andy, your humidity sensor itself is not exactly faulty, but there is a bug in the manufacturer’s software driver, used by the AIR’s firmware, that causes these invalid numbers when the humidity is saturated (~100%). We have implemented a fix in the Hub’s firmware (v30) that corrects this most of the time, but it’s not perfect. We will have a new firmware build ready soon that should correct it for good.

In the meantime, is your AIR in a very moist environment or does your relative humidity reading seem to be higher than it should be?

1 Like

As David replied, might well be a software problem. Mine was just “sticking” at 100% for 2-3 days like something was saturated with moisture. I didn’t see abrupt drops in readings. It had been really cold and clammy here nothing had much of a chance to dry out, but my separate temp/humidity transmitter did show a humidity decrease (its sensor is in a small radiation shield). In my instance to test for liquid water saturating the sensor, Something like a scaled-up “Mai Tai Umbrella” over the Air to rule this out might be employed. Then you could drink the Mai Tai just after to make sure you don’t lose your manual dexterity beforehand…:’)

2 Likes

Just run the latest update, reset the air but my humidity is still all over the place

Andy

1 Like

Hi Andy,

We’ll take a look at your data and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Is there any update on the availability of the latest SW/FW? My device also reads 100% RH much of the time. I don’t experience the 100% to 50% overflow issue though.

Regards,
Gordon

1 Like

Hi Gordon. It’s possible your AIR just needs a little calibration adjustment. We’ll take a look at your data and get back to you.

Hi David,

Thank you! I see there is a nice down-kick in RH level to what looks to be closer to the norm but I’ll monitor it and give further feedback if necessary. I still have my 10-year old Vantage Pro 2 working but will retire this soon - the one transmitter failed last week after 10-years operation. There’s about 1% difference between the Air and Vantage Pro 2 and since these sensors are usually only accurate to within a few % of RH, this is probably as good as you can expect.I’m not sure what sensors you’re using, but I’m confident your choice of components is of the highest quality!

Anyway, I’m looking forward to receiving the Sky unit and hope that arrives soon and maybe I should acquire your ‘Breathe’ device too.

Regards,
Gordon

1 Like