Bug : Humidity anomaly in Air module

Has anyone had problems with the humidity reading instantly falling from 100% to 50% and staying there for 3 to 4 hours before jumping straight back to 100%? This has happened twice, about a week apart. imageimage
It may be the batteries in the Air being alkaline (that’s all I had at the time) but the voltage is holding good at 3V after 3 months.
Having said that, I’ll change to lithium tomorrow and see if that helps.

Others have also posted issues with humidity readings similar to your issue.

2 Likes

Yes, there is an overflow issue with the RH sensor that was recently discovered and fixed in a soon-to-be released firmware update. Essentially, when the RH sensor reads very high the data will “wrap around” to ~50-55%. If it keeps going, it’ll wrap again to ~0-5%.

When this happens, your RH is still at 100% (can’t get higher than that under normal atmospheric conditions), it’s just the bug that makes it look like it’s not. Note, dew point temp also goes whacky when this happens.

Thanks, dsj. Good to hear it’s a software rather than hardware issue.

1 Like

Any update on self calibration feature for humidity added to app, I was informed by
support team it would be.

Just to add that my humidity is also jumping from 100% and to then under 20% and back to 100% - i emailed support and was told it was a bug in the firmware and to update. I have updated to the latest version and its still the same - station ID 2701 - the humidity reading is basically not much use in its current state.

Any thoughts or updates would be great…

Andy

Andy, just curious when you updated the firmware? We found that it might take several hours for the data to normalize. Looks like it is raining near you so humidity should be close to 100%

Is this the Hub firmware or the Air firmware that gets updated?``

1 Like

This update is for the Hub firmware, v30 fixes the RH overflow issue with the sensor in the AIR

Does it actually fix the issue with the Air or just adjust the reporting of the issue?

1 Like

Haven’t encountered this issue. My only note so far is that the reading seems to be reading high about 10 % or so. Humidity reading does seem to remain at 100% for quite a while after a rain event as if something has saturated and needs to dry out before normal readings resume.

I found my RH was 7% too high
WF put a firmware offset of 7% less for me and that is working great

Haven’t encountered this issue either. My RH is 13% high so when it gets to 87% it’s pegged
at 100%, sometimes for several days.

I have the same problem when I changed the batteries after 3 months. When will the hub update be available? Thanks.

1 Like

what hub version are you now?

1 Like

Mine is still all over the place - from 100% to 2% then 50% and back to 100% - below is a screen from the last few days.humidity

I’m running the latest firmware which has sadly not fixed the issue…

Andy

1 Like

you might have a faulty sensor then?
this seems to be a very minority problem?
but is your battery level ok?

1 Like

Hi Andy. This looks like the humidity software anomaly. Try bringing your AIR indoors in a dry place for 2 days to reset humidity levels. Then put back outside.

1 Like

Was still having the 100% humidity condition for the last couple of days of course after rain and freezing rain but thawed out today but still read 100% humidity. Brought the Air in removed the batteries and thoroughly dried with a gentle dry warm air flow paying attention to the sensor port was wondering if the liquid barrier material might have saturated. Replaced batteries and wifi reconnected without problems and both temp and humidity seemed ok. Back out in the cold and damp but seems to be doing ok now. Did this operation around 5.30 EST today. I’ll keep monitoring and see how it goes. What I did forget to do was to see if just removing and re-installing the batteries had any effect, but if it happens again, I’ll do that too.

1 Like

I also brought mine in, changed the batteries etc - sadly mine is still all over the place with humidity - see below:

Am i right in assuming i have a faulty unit?

Andy

1 Like