Better, faster, stronger: The new Smart (Tempest) Weather App is coming soon!

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: New Tempest App in comparison to Smart Weather App

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tempest Weather App : what changes would you propose?

How soon will the new app be released? The Tempest unit I ordered was shipped out today and I’m wondering if the new app release will coincide with its arrival?

1 Like

As soon as the final bugs are run out of town.

Oh, yours is the first I’ve heard shipping. Still waiting for a shipping notification.

Sounds like good news. Did i misunderstand - Can one try the new app right now ? Has it been applied yet. Am excited. Please help

You can check it out right now. If so, how

Note that Tempest units work fine with the current version of the app (the previous updates to the app added in Tempest functionality as thats what we were using during the field test most of the time).

25 posts were split to a new topic: New Tempest App in comparrison to Smart Weather App

The new app isn’t released yet, neither for Android nor for iOS

The images (screenshots) you can see here, are taken from the beta, aka pre-release, version of the app. Some of the community members are already testing the new app, so the release might be close.

I think the announcement as well as the last mailing should aware all users about the changes coming up and first of all the new name. So everybody is informed when the change is going live.
In this sence, I think the go-live of tempest app will need little time and will be announced here again. :wink: @WeatherFlowTeam

4 Likes

dsfg, thank you for providing further clarification about the new app. I’m anxiously awaiting the final release!

2 Likes

Just got the update on my Android. I love it!

1 Like

Version 4.0 of the Tempest Smart Weather iOS app was just updated on my phone. That’s great news! Just waiting on the Tempest to arrive now. Thanks for moving things along, folks!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Smart Weather App : what changes would you propose?

I like the added forecasting features and the fact the live view remains unchanged. As someone who used the Dark Sky app for years, I have spent the last month looking for a replacement. A lot of them aren’t close to the accuracy (for my location) dark sky was and/or I just don’t like them. The closest one I’ve come across is the new app clyma

Not sure if this belongs here, but are there any plans to add widgets now that forecasting is available? Specifically widgets just like Dark Sky (both data & design wise). These were my goto :slight_smile::

2 Likes

Testing out Clyma, Today Weather, Weather M8, and ClimaCell here. Spent a fortune on weather apps since the DarkSky announcement!

There are many things I miss about DarkSky - the forecast bar in the notifications, the Daily Summary widget, the rain summary, the weather radar. None of those seem to exist in any comparable form in any of the other apps. I’m hoping Clyma will develop further for forecasting outside of my home location (where I will rely on WeatherFl… Tempest (gonna take a while to get that change stuck in my mind :smile:))

1 Like

11 posts were split to a new topic: Tempest app : first experiences and issues

A post was merged into an existing topic: Tempest app : first experiences and issues

Feel free to share your first experiences with the new Tempest app
here:

And

Leave your comments on the differences to the old app in this topic:

As well, don’t hesitate, in case you find a bug, to open a new topic within the bug section:

https://community.tempest.earth/c/owners/bug-reports/10

And please add the tags “app” and “tempest” :wink: to new topics.

1 Like