Barometric Pressure way off

I just installed my Tempest WX station and the barometric pressure is way off. It’s reading 19.892inHg, but the local weather station in my city is reading 30.17in. The elevation is automatically set by location at 141 feet. I have it programmed at 10 feet above ground which is what it’s at above the ground level. What an I doing wrong or what can I do to get it calibrated to be reading the proper reading. Thanks

My tempest was off on barometric pressure too when I first set it up. Just give it a few weeks an it should calibrate itself. Mine took a few weeks but now my pressures are just about in line with stations around me.I posted here with the same concerns. I was told to give it time to adjust an it did.

1 Like

Hello Michael

Can you double check on the location, altitude (hub one and not the one for Tempest above ground)
Server side I see 10 feet for both.

I went in and updated it to the elevation for this spot using the locations option right above it. I remember it being the correct elevation when I first set it up. Still have me this crazy barometric pressure. The tempest station is still at 10 feet above ground at which it’s installed at. I plan on raising it higher once I get more poles to add to it to raise it even higher. My goal is 30 feet for the best wind readings.

How far was yours off when you first installed it?? How long did it take for yours to get to normal readings? Thanks for the response.

That was the end of july when I got my tempest.I think it was maybe 6 points can’t remeber exactly. It went down to 3 an stayed for awhile. That’s when I posted and was told that there could be a 0.03 + or - in your pressure readings anyway and to just wait. I did an now it’s pretty much in line with stations around me.Not sure exactly how long it was.I know it was over 2 weeks, maybe close to a month.But I think that was because I had mine on a 7 foot pole at first then changed it to a 10 foot pole. I had to change the feet above ground value.Someone can correct me if i’m wrong but when you change the value it has to start all over.Then one day…boom it just fell in line.Your tempest has to learn.It’s called continuos learning and your tempest adjusts over time even your forecast. Be patient.If it doesn’t adjust post back here again and someone will help you.Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ll let it be and continue to watch it daily to see if it changes. I’ll give it a month before I respond back or put in a ticket for additional help. Thanks again

1 Like

Hi Michael. I just took a look and your pressure sensor seemed to be locked up. I just triggered a reset and it looks like it’s reporting normal values now. Thanks for your patience and for reporting the issue - we will investigate what happened in an effort to prevent it from happening again.

1 Like

It’s still reading very low readings on my end.

if McPhail Rd is your station, it currently shows 30.037 inHg on the web interface. https://tempestwx.com/station/27772/grid
Perhaps kill the app and restart again?

sorry, that lasted only very short, it already jumped back to its old, bad value. Contact support I would say.

Yes, it looks like the reboot didn’t help for long. Please open a ticket with support@weatherflow.com and they’ll get a replacement out to you ASAP.

1 Like

I sent a message to support and hope to hear back soon on a possible replacement unit. Thanks

1 Like

Can you send another reboot and see if it works again. If not I guess I need a replacement unit. This unit is brand new, just installed it Saturday afternoon. Thanks

I rebooted tempest from the station last night. Like when you did it, it went to normal for like 30 mins then back to the bad reading of 19.999 inHg. So hope to hear back from support on getting a replacement unit. Thanks

1 Like

It looks like I have the same issue with mine, installed it on September 3rd. The pressure has not changed even once from what I can tell. I see a near by Tempest at it shows 30.042 inHg right now.

Sea Level Pressure
LOW 22.397 inHg
HIGH 22.397 inHg

1 Like

Please put in a support ticket. Sir Tim is running out of work to keep him busy.

1 Like

I opened a support ticket. Thanks.

2 Likes

I just got my notification on my replacement unit coming to my house this week to replace mine that’s giving super low readings. This is my current reading in my unit now, really never changes either. After I reboot it, it goes back to same old readings after getting a good reading after 30 minutes. Hoping the new unit is flawless and all works properly. You hear back from support on your unit?

No I did not hear back from support yet.