Barometer Rate of Change

Thought that would be a useful addition to the SmartWeather app, perhaps added to the text display. At my location I usually don’t see really fast change rates, but users along the coastal areas might well particularly as Hurricane Season nears.

1 Like

Good idea @mddiehl. Maybe an option to select “RISING, STEADY, FALLING” or " +/- units per hour (same units as selected for main pressure display)".

1 Like

Hi Guys. Good idea…seems like a useful piece of derived data best suited for the List View…will consider. ie. +/- pressure change over last 1hr. Keep in mind that the blue Dashboard view is intentionally simple, non-cluttered, for a quick glance for the avg user. Which explains why we simplify as “Steady | Rising | Falling” …then display the detailed rate of change in the 1min/5min/30min ++ graphs for further inspection on click.

Formulas for derived data such as Pressure Trend as reminder: https://weatherflow.github.io/SmartWeather/api/derived-metric-formulas.html

BTW: in the app we do have the ability to add alternate dashboard views. For example, we can design / enable a variety: SIMPLE, COMPLETE, GRAPHICAL, LIST, etc…to give users more options on how to view data. Apparently however, you can never satisfy everyone…which is why we liberate the data so that users can display however they want with custom or 3rd party viewers – WU, weather34, weather-display, etc.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, just a simple read at a glance rise/fall of pressure per hour of in/hg, or mb’s. Just a box with the numbers in it, weather on the graph page on the info page. Maybe temp. too as seems a lot of weather software apps use that. I’ve got Casio Protrek watch that has an audible notification for Hikers, etc. that something nasty is coming in fast. Just a quick glance serves me fine usually, I’m not a “multitasker”, too much info and Brain Lock sets in fast. Concerning “multitasking” I saw a study a few years ago that found actually only 1 or 2 % can actually do it…the rest just lie about it :grin:

2 Likes