ArchiveSW - Grafana Graphing of Archived Data

Using Grafana to create graphs for ArchiveSW.

Installing Grafana

2 Likes

first tests, again quite some learning to do (and refreshing sql queries).

Not sure how grafana will load a simple pi but it puts quite some load on my little ubuntu server build on BRIX N3000/3150. Loads are just peak loads when it get’s the data and builds the graph.

1 Like

not a problem - I run grafana and influxdb and telegraf on a pi3 and it doesn’t even breathe hard

4 Likes

some have some dashboards to share (I mean screendumps) as to see some inspiration ?

2 Likes

making progress in manipulating the queries and the graphs. Guess once I have made more progress I’ll start over again but … play and learn time

Got stuck on this plugin

the grunt command spits out an error

module.js:550
    throw err;
    ^

Error: Cannot find module 'findup-sync'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:548:15)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:475:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:597:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:11:18)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/lib/nodejs/grunt-cli/bin/grunt:8:14)
    at Module._compile (module.js:653:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:664:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:566:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:506:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:498:3)

any idea how to get this running ???

Either it’s not installed or you did not I stall it with the -g option

when you don’t know what you do …
My best guess the original problem is this

yarn install --pure-lockfile
yarn install v1.16.0
[1/4] Resolving packages...
[2/4] Fetching packages...
info fsevents@1.1.3: The platform "linux" is incompatible with this module.
info "fsevents@1.1.3" is an optional dependency and failed compatibility check. Excluding it from installation.
[3/4] Linking dependencies...
[4/4] Building fresh packages...

might be that there is already some version installed via your install of nodejs but hell do I know what to do lol

That seems to be the issue. It’s the OS version you have installed.

ubuntu bionic … not so weird these days. I read it is possible that a previous install could mess and there seems to be some option to clean modules and get it system wide and not just related to an instance locally … but this is going way over my cap

We’ll live without that module then, no problem …

I will try to install it later. In what folder did you install grafana?

1 Like

I went standard and it seems to have dropped in

/var/lib/grafana/

But seems the wind module woke up somehow with all my messing … let me see how to make something with that.

I installed Grafana on the RPi and it works fine. I don’t have time to work with it as I’m tracking down and fixing bugs that have been reported. I’ll be leaving Saigon in 48 hours so I don’t have time for graphs.

1 Like

Grafana as is works perfect once you learn a few things. Just that extra plugin seems to be buggy … we’ll avoid it for now

1 Like

I’m running a Grafana/influxdb combo on Ubuntu, on google cloud platform. I think it’s great. And google gives you free credits which work well for smaller instances.

wx.sugartechllc.com:8080

1 Like

interesting dashboards - FWIW you probably want to think about going to https via LetsEncrypt or the like.

Thanks @vinceskahan. Yes, I’ve been thinking about letsencrypt. Just have to work out how to get it to play well in the Docker container that I have grafana running in.

1 Like

You might think about a nginx reverse proxy front-ending grafana if you want a public interface. Grafana sure runs great in a container (my grafana and influxdb and mqtt setups are all containerized). Super lightweight.

1 Like