ArchiveSW - Display & Data Archive Storage

This is what ArchiveSW looks like on the 7" display.

20190117_225108

1 Like

That is perfect. Is that opened with a web browser to something like localhost:8088 or is there something else Iā€™m missing? I also have that same case coming.

I also ordered this USB based UPS: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FDBZCXG/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I plan on having it run the RPi but not the display to give the longest runtime if for some reason my RV battery is shut off and I donā€™t have shore power.

2 Likes

In the panel folder is index.html that does all the work. The built in web server does. the rest.

I designed this especially for the 7" displsy. In plan to write code for different size screens.

I will post the code tomorrow that I use on the display.

Thatā€™s an interesting module. I just ordered one.

It took me a while to find it. Since most portable USB battery chargers arenā€™t setup to allow charging and powering simultaneously those were out. I didnā€™t like the idea of a VRLA or other sealed lead acid battery inside my RV and I didnā€™t want to jerry rig a LiFePO4 setup (my RV AC-DC converter sits at 13.69V which is just above a safe float voltage for 4 LiFePO4 cells), and most of the RPi battery units wouldnā€™t work as a UPS. I found two, which look like they are from the same manufacturer but that one had connections for two LiPO cells which gives a great option of expansion. Paralleling of identical type Li-ion cells is easy because they donā€™t have to be the same size or at the same SOC provided the wiring can handle the initial balancing current. I hope they work out great.

4 Likes

Hi. I am a bit confused at to what to enter into the Station, Hub, Air and Sky height in the Panel and Config sections of archivesw.
What I think I have figured out is the station info shows Station Elevation, then for Hub/Air/Sky the figures are AGL.
In the config part you have elevation for station, and then height for the devices.
It seems to get the correct pressure reading you need to enter the above sea level height for the hub but then AGL levels for the Air and Sky. The labelling needs to be corrected to avoid confussion
07%20am

Also is it possible to add the sea level pressure for my location into the SQL database?
for comparison I like to see the same reading as my local weather station so it would be good to store the sea level pressure in the DB also.

THanks

1 Like

I have added details to the Config and Panel web pages with details for each field. Run Update Files to update.

I will look into adding a custom table and a script to update the information you request.

Tonight I took a new Raspberry Pi 3 B+, a new 32GB SD Card and started a new install.

I formatted the SD Card installed and installed the 2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch.img with Etcher. I created the SSH file in the boot partition and installed the SD Card in the RPi.

It booted quickly and I used raspi-config to finish the setup. I ran the install script:

bash -e <(wget -qO - http://fsoft.com/archivesw/script/install.sh)

and it ran all the way with no errors. I loaded the built in web server and started the additional processes with no errors.

5 Likes

What OS and version is being installed by your version of NOOBS?

immediately after you log into the RPi terminal window, copy the window data and send it to me.

This is what I get when I ssh into the RPi.

Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT 2018 armv7l

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Jan 20 03:19:42 2019
Linux raspberrypi 4.14.79-v7+ #1159 SMP Sun Nov 4 17:50:20 GMT 2018 armv7l

The programs included with the Debian GNU/Linux system are free software;
the exact distribution terms for each program are described in the
individual files in /usr/share/doc/*/copyright.

Debian GNU/Linux comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent
permitted by applicable law.
Last login: Sun Jan 20 03:19:42 2019
pi@raspberrypi:~ $

I my own RPi 3B+ coming in sometime this week and Iā€™ll be doing a permanent install on it for my mobile unit. What image do you recommend I use, and what files could I copy over from my temporary setup to the new setup?

1 Like

That is the current Raspbian Stretch. So, either there have been more changes to NPM or something different between our two installations.

Oh, the joy of software. :slight_smile:

I donā€™t know how fast the data adds up so I picked up a Samsung 128GB Pro Endurance. Iā€™ll try out one of the Raspbian Stretch images and Etcher and see how it works.

1 Like

I have finished a script that sets the RPi to act as an Access Point for the Hub.

The Hub will connect to the RPi to allow ArchiveSW to capture and store the UDP data. The data will then be forwarded to WeatherFow via the Ethernet connection.

If you would like to test this script, please let me know.

3 Likes

Hi @gizmoev, I guess you already know but just making sure due to the difference in behaviour of some format programs when using a large micro sd card. Make sure you format the micro sd card to FAT32
cheers Ian :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, thanks. I did discover I could use Windows Disk Manager to create one small partition on the microSD card, small enough that Windows Format would allow FAT32, put NOOBS on it and put it into the RPi. Setup went perfectly after that and it saved me from having to use other formatting software. :smiley:

2 Likes

I received the RPi UPS battery unit that @gizmoev recommended

and it works great. The RPi with ArchiveSW is now fully portable and self-contained. No more worry about power or Internet outages. The current weather is always available and portable. No need to reconfigure the Wi-Fi when moving it.

This is as good as it gets and the Smart Weather Station makes it possible!

5 Likes

I didnā€™t charge mine completely first, I just hooked up the RPi and WF Hub. About 36 hours later I got a message on my phone saying that my station wasnā€™t reporting any more. When I got home I discovered that the green power light was off on the UPS. Turning it off then on again, powered things up. I picked up two of these and they both did the same thing. I hope it is a one time event. Let me know if yours does the same thing.

1 Like

Iā€™d like to test it. I assume I could merely edit the config files and change eth0 to wlan1 to use my USB WiFi adapter for the uplink connection.

1 Like

If youā€™re looking for your next feature request, how about LCARS??? :nerd_face:

1 Like

I think France has La Car.

1 Like