====
2019-03-01 12:15:01 Starting Server v1.7.15.034
2019-03-01 12:15:02 Listening to HTTP on: localhost:8080
2019-03-01 12:15:02 Listening to TCP on: localhost:9090
2019-03-01 12:15:05 TCP server connection: 58254
2019-03-01 12:15:05 TCP server connection: 58256
2019-03-01 12:15:05 TCP server connection: 58258
2019-03-01 12:16:17 Wrote config.json

ok - nothing has changed that I am aware.

1 Like

I sent you a PM. Please let me know when you complete and then restart Piio.

found a little sun that hides some text on your display :sunny:

1 Like

Yes, that is going to happen from time to time.

@GaryFunk

Thanks for your help yesterday all is working well. Setup uploads to PWS this morning, seems to be updating data.
ArchiveSW_iphone_panel

1 Like

Which version of the Raspberry Pi are you using?
W?

What devices do you have configured for Wan0 and Wan1?

There is no “rules” file in ArchiveSW.

I started to attempt an install and get the following error when running sudo npm cache clean -f

sudo: npm: command not found

1 Like

if that was that during the process to update the RPi just ignore it and move on. I’ll add a check and correct it.

EDIT:
I just uploaded a new script that will catch that issue and move on.

Hi @petercek, I ran into this same problem. Normally it wouldn’t matter except that I wanted the same IP address assigned when my unit wasn’t mobile. This meant that for DHCP to work the MAC address had to be the same every time I booted the RPi. One fix is found in this thread:
https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198946
Since I was only using one USB WiFi dongle I ended up just editing the /etc/hostapd/hostapd.conf file to have the lines

interface=wlan1
driver=nl80211

at the top of the file. The driver line matches the USB dongle I have and puts it on wlan1 leaving wlan0 for the internal WiFi of the RPi 3B+.

2 Likes

Thank you, @gizmoev, I totally misunderstood the question.

1 Like

Since you silly wonderful users insist on using USB Wi-Fi and Raspberry Pi without built-in Wi-Fi I need buy the proper external Wi-Fi adapters.

Please be so kind as to offer suggestions and links to some good Wi-Fi adapters.

EDIT. I probably have some and just tossed them in my bins of micro crap.

Well…I updated my RPi and it killed the access point side of things! :rage: I did a new install on another RPi, let it update, and manually setup the access point and it failed again. When I ran “sudo systemctl start hostapd” it gave some error about hostapd.??? was masked. Apparently there has been a change with hostapd? I’m not sure what to do to fix it so I setup the RPi without allowing it to update so I at least have my mobile station connecting to the internet. Any suggestions?

For the USB WiFi side of things I have an Edimax N150 model EW-7811Un and another one that has an external antenna but uses the same WiFi chip. Both are 2.4GHz only devices.

2 Likes

I did the update tonight and saw two warnings about etc/default/hostpad being depreciated and something about the service being masked and the need to have it manually reset.

hostapd.conf has been moved to etc/hostapd

I just ran the update again and didn’t get the warning so the update did change something but my system continued to work.

Both of the warnings were dated 2017 so I am confused as to why it just showed up tonight.

On a side note, I am seeing a lot of updates on the RPi, Nodejs and NPM dealing with security. This has caused a few issues and caused some systems to fail.

I’m using RPi 3 B+, latest raspbian (GUI).
With “rules” I meant this file:
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

By the way, does ArchiveSW work with a Raspbian lite (no GUI interface) ?

1 Like

I actually use the built-in Wi-Fi + a USB Wi-Fi dongle to have 2 wireless interfaces (one for access point, one for internet access). I bought an officially supported dongle from ThePiHut but has this Realtek chipset which may not be very reliable.

1 Like

It does but not with an attached LCD.

Try

systemctl unmask hostapd

@gizmoev @petercek

I found one of these in my stash:

CanaKit Raspberry Pi WiFi Wireless Adapter/Dongle (802.11 n/g/b 150 Mbps) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GFAN498/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_9G4FCb93WKB0K

So tomorrow I will format a new SD Card and do a fresh install with Wi-Fi only and see where it fails.

I truly appreciate the information you have given me and your help to make this a better product.

Ah, geez… I just figured out the what and why of NOOBS. doh.

1 Like

I followed instructions how to set up the access point but none of them worked. I manually started the hostapd and I managed to see my new access point but it wouldn’t let me connect to it. After some time, it disappeared. I assume it has some power management enabled but was not able to turn it off.
Maybe my dnsmasq is not set properly or something else is missing.

1 Like

That worked and when I ran “sudo systemctl start hostapd” the access point came up and is working again but on a reboot it doesn’t start up again. Furthermore, ArchiveSW is still not reachable even though I can ssh and VNC into the RPi.

1 Like