[Apple] Siri Shortcuts

Hopefully it doesn’t take a year for HomeKit integration

I somewhat agree with your philosophy. I insist that all my devices have local access and be cloud independent.

1 Like

Tempest 4.06 (446) for iOS is currently rolling out to the app store. This version of the app adds Siri Shortcuts. You can configure the Siri Shortcuts by going to Settings -> Siri Shortcuts. Currently, two shortcuts are provided: Current Conditions and Detailed Current Conditions. Both display the same UI elements, however, they differ in the length of Siri’s spoken response. If you have more than one station you can choose which station you would like to use while configuring the shortcut (and you can configure a shortcut for each station if you want). For more advanced users, the Current Conditions output is available in the Shortcuts app.

Let us know what you think!

1 Like

When I ask Siri on my HomePod “current conditions” says there is a problem with the app :frowning:

Good first attempt to integrate shortcuts though

@bodean To help us debug, does it work if you ask Siri on your phone?

@corrineb
Yes seems to work on phone

Thanks @bodean. We will look into the HomePod issue.

Hi, my iPhone isn’t showing the Siri Shortcuts while my iPad does. Is this a known issue?

Never mind, good now. Deleted app and reinstalled and the shortcuts are there. Do like the short cuts, so thank you!

1 Like

Wondering if you had any update to the HomePod issue, a release fix or if you needed any other info?

It definitely works on our HomePod fine (though to be honest, I use the custom shortcuts instead since they’re configurable - can’t wait for the full HomeKit integration some day though!)

I guess I’m a bit daft, but I can’t figure out how to enable the Siri suggestions. on my iPhone, I’m running IOS 12.4.8. I deleted and reinstalled Tempest 4.06. But when I go to Settings, Siri shortcuts, all shortcuts - there is no option for Tempest. What am I doing wrong?

The new shortcuts require iOS 13 or above in order to work.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Well, that would explain why it isn’t working. Thanks!

Recent app update, Siri again works on HomePod. Thanks for fixing

2 Likes

@bodean Glad to hear it’s working for you!

I close this topic since the feature is now released. This will release the votes to all that voted here. They can now use again the released vote for another feature request.
If in the future there is a problem (can happen) just open a bug topic.
Thanks to all that made the votes and made this possible and thanks to the team for scripting it.

5 Likes