[Apple] HomeKit Integration

Just go to the “Voted” button at the top, click it and select Remove vote, then go vote on the other topic. To see what you have voted on go to your profile, Activity and click on Votes.

Yes, and that was great, but that didn’t help us since they also changed the requirements for devices that used the hardware encryption. That is, even with hardware-level encryption (which the Hub supports) the ram and processor requirements for the HomeKit stack are too much for the current Hub to handle.

3 Likes

I’d absolutely buy a new hub with HomeKit support, no question about it. I do hope there will be a way to migrate my existing account/profile/history to a new hub when it comes out. I noticed that I lost all my historical data from my old Sky/Air combo when I added Tempest and deleted the Sky/Air.

Ooh @Mongus that’s a brilliant idea. It would be great to see what’s going on through my Apple TV. I’d love to see that one too.

So is the assumptions people are making correct? Homekit will not work ever in the current HW (meaning HUB) but could/will work in the pro hub and those of us with current non-pro system would only need to purchase a new HUB (for a reasonable price or maybe a discount for some of us since one of the main reasons I purchased in the first place was Homekit support was going to be in it - and like others here - I have all my automation based around HomeKit today).

Not yet, but it’s on our roadmap. Vote for it here: Apple TV App with Weather Data from my Station

That is correct.

This is news to me - where can I get more info on the “pro hub”.

There is no “Pro Hub” currently shipping, that is true. I was just going off what dsj said in the thread above:

“So while we absolutely intend to provide HomeKit support, it can’t happen with the current hardware. Assuming Apple doesn’t move the goalposts again, HomeKit integration will be available with our Pro Hub, which is still in active development.”

He specifically mentioned the Pro Hub in development and confirmed that HomeKit will likely be supported in that HW when it ships in the future.

Correct. There is a Pro Hub in the works, as discussed in the Kickstarter and Indiegogo campaigns. It will include everything the current Hub can do, plus at least two extra features: cellular communications and HomeKit support.

3 Likes

Can you provide direct links to the campaigns?

Ooh, good idea. Same content on both.

1 Like

Can you give me the link to where this is mentioned? I did a search and can’t find it.

It’s on the right side of the Kickstarter and Indiegogo page. Look for Tempest - Storm & Fire Ready Kit.

2 Likes

On Kickstarter and Indiegogo sites, the section listing Tempest Storm & Fire Ready Kit is grayed out.

1 Like

I think it may be disabled because both campaigns are closed. That’s just a guess.

2 Likes

It’s in this thread, post 7 above:

1 Like

Just go to the links provided and look at the side, for example:

Links were also posted here.

Thanks DSJ. right now, those campaigns only let you get a full system. My hope would be that once you have them shipping, I can buy just the pro hub to use with my tempest station to get the HomeKit support. Hopefully that will be affordable. I don’t care about the cellular support.

Given that an email to WF for ordering just a single component is all it takes for current products (and some older ones), I would be shocked if you couldn’t just purchase the “pro hub” when it becomes available.

Yep - that’s my hope. :+1:

1 Like