App voltage readings?

Hi,
I recently received and installed my Sky. I would like to know how the indicated voltage is derived. I am reading around 3.5V - how does this relate to 8 x 1.5 nominal lithium batteries? The same seemingly strange reading occurs with the Air but I guess that could be two pairs in series/parallel, now that I think about it. Obviously this is not crucial but I’m curious.
Now that I have received all the kit I am well pleased. No rain here yet to check the performance of the rain sensor.
Well done so far, team!

In the Sky, there are 4 sets of 2x batteries in series. The indicated voltage will be twice the voltage of a single cell.

1 Like

That would be a logical arrangement but would new Energizer Ultimate cells have a terminal voltage of 1.75V compared to their nominal 1.5V. I’ll check once I have one available.

Those voltage readings are correct and are as they should be.

1 Like

I didn’t ever think there was a problem only wondering why they were what they were. A measurement of a new Energizer (Lithium Iron Sulphide), and some internet research revealed that the open circuit voltage of a new cell is initially around 1.8V. Mystery solved!

1 Like