App v3.0 release

Today (May 23, 2019) we will be releasing new Smart Weather app versions: iOS v3.0 and Android v3.0. Significant changes in this release include:

1. New tabs UI : Now | History | Map | Settings
  2. Now tab displays current station summary data
  3. History tab introduces an intentionally simple summary of daily min/max/avg values for previous days
  4. Map tab provides access to the public Smart Weather community
  5. Settings tab is the new point of access to all station settings.
  6. Wind direction offset : Add or subtract degrees to adjust the directional orientation of your SKY from the app (without having to climb up on the roof!). Access from the ‘Manage Devices’ >> ‘Advanced’ menu.
  7. Replace Device facilitates replacing a physical end device (AIR or SKY) while maintaining data continuity (in mobile apps only). Access from the ‘Manage Devices’ >> ‘Advanced’ menu.
  8. Simplified Share URL allows users to copy/paste/share the web URL for their station’s webpage

Enjoy. - the WF team

13 Likes

Looks great! Tabbed layout and history are both big improvements.

2 Likes

The App update is great.
Especially the history tab. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

And the smart weather map integration.

Nice work WF.

Peter.

3 Likes

Cool!
Really good update.

2 Likes

Indeed an update offering some good improvements, and it works well on my iPhone 6+ and iPad Air 2 (both on iOS 12.3). However, it crashes immediately on my 3rd generation iPad (still on iOS 9.3.5) that I use as a permanent display… @WFmarketing, I hope you will be able to resolve this?

2 Likes

ipad mini also ios 9.6.3 no longer useable with app store release app. fine on ipad air2 and ipad pro but sooner or later ios devices become non upgradeable in terms of OS therefore updates to apps begin to fail its not unique to weatherflow. with every major IOS release you see the older products slowly disappear off the compatibility list year by year…

screenshot just a blue screen before crashing to home screen

pushing back to an earlier revision via testflight resolves for now ver 2.6

Hmm. That was not supposed to happen. The v3.0 Smart Weather app has deployment target of iOS 10.0 so devices running older versions of iOS should not have received the update. We’re investigating…

5 Likes

Thanks @dsj and @Weather34 for the clarificacions. I’ll be happy to revert to the previous app version, please let me know when I can ‘downgrade’.

A post was split to a new topic: Time of max gust to history view

Not sure to post here but after the update of the Android app voltage is not dispayed sky nor air , the rainfall today and yesterday displays dashes. Graphs seems ok. Phone samsung Galaxy a8 Android Pie
Screenshot attached
Grts Ron

Fyi app v3.01(58)

Problem solved had to give write and location permissions, couldnt modify the post above.

@ruud, @Weather34,

We have submitted a revised version with support for iOS 9.x to Apple for review. This should be available in the next couple of days.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Derek

4 Likes

That’s great! Thank you very much!

i was hoping this major upgrade would bring back the accurate rain rate graph and perhaps a better zoom and perhaps more than 32 data points in graph view.

Read and post here. What iOS version?

Sorry, version 9.3.5

As written above, there is a new version coming.

When I press to see the graph for lightning and use the + and - keys, the app crashes consistently, in both portrait and landscape mode. All other graphs work fine. Latest iOS app and iOS on iPad…

Anybody else with the issue ?

1 Like

yes on ipadAir2 , iPad Pro… same issue in testflight version and official app store IOS release .
for me it is ok to use the + to zoom max but when you hit - minus to go back it crashes .
brian

1 Like