[App] Historical Data Stats & Totals (Completed)

I would really like to see Monthly & Yearly Highs and Lows and Rain totals for the Month and Year in the Tempest app.

The daily summary is great. Please add a Monthly and Yearly summary too which would satisfy the request above. Thanks.

i would prefer this to be coupled to the current graph, so in a corner of the graph it shows the total accumulated rain that is shown in that graph. This makes it way more flexible than just for the month or the year, or the last 30 days or the last 365 days

6 Likes

I like that idea too, but would still like the summary of all the values in one card like the current daily history. It would be nice to be able to choose a month or year from a dropdown and see the summary for that month or year selected.

More information on the graphs would be helpful too. I have also noticed the scale of the graphs should probably auto adjust to the data. For example, the Barometric Pressure pretty much looks like a straight line but would look better if the scale fit the data.

1 Like

That seems to be device specific. I find that on Android the scaling is reasonable, on iOS and Web, not so much.

1 Like

Interesting. Hopefully this can be fixed across the board. Thanks for the info.

If I could I’d put ALL my votes in here!
I find the lack of this functionality so disconcerting I’m contemplating spending $58 on the Weather Display software. They have a WF interface!

1 Like

Weekly as well. I added my vote here, but I submitted the same request as “History Rollups”

1 Like

Very new Tempest user coming from Acurite. The display that came with that gave lots of good information that I could scroll through. Definitely missing monthly total rain and yearly total rain. Hottest day of year. Day with highest amount of rain, etc.

With great technology of the device the reporting process is lacking.

5 Likes

Make sure you scroll up to the top and hit the vote button.

1 Like

+1 on rain accumulation totals. As you zoom out to see one daily rain accumulation point per day, you could show accumulation over multiple days.

-1 on “the daily [rain] summary is great”… if you zoom out on the time resolution (-) the rain chart still tries to draw as a line chart, while a bar or point chart is appropriate when you have one point per day. If you have rain on 3 days you get a line with 3 points, but this is not an accumulation over 3 days as you see during a single day.

As you zoom out in time you also loose the total daily accumulation that happens prior to midnight. As you zoom out in time you should at least see the end-of-day total accumulation.

1 Like

I don’t like playing with the graph to try and get these kinds of totals. That’s why I enjoyed the Acurite with daily, monthly and year to date totals right on the screen.

5 Likes

Add a Feature to your Software to see rain totals for the year,

Instead opening a new post, vote the ones already for the subject :wink:

1 Like

I can see in the graph that if I “-“ I can see all of august and the rain points, but to know what the total is for August all I can tell that is possible is I need to tap each rain point for corresponding day and then add them up. I’m guessing there is no other solution within the app.

Anyway to view total rainfall data breakdown? I like to see it daily, weekly, monthly and even yearly. I know from my experience I can only see daily, today and yesterday totals on the rainfall card.
It would be nice to add the other features if it isn’t already there. I don’t want to add it up manually. Lol

Thanks

2 Likes

Yes I too would like to see Monthly and Annual rainfall totals on the app.

That said, I use the app from BTSTwx, available in Android and Apple App stores.

Great data display, and it does do mo they totals. The creator of the App tells me he will have annual also.

2 Likes

That is correct… the next release will have Monthly and Yearly totals.
It is in the works, but going slow. I am making some other changes to the app , and working on a new device/service for weather data distribution.
–Sam

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. I have been looking for an app that I could connect my Tempest to and am excited to try BTSTwx.

But no-one seems to be asking the question - why do I want it? I want to look back several days to see when it last rained and how much, so I can decide whether to water my dahlias or get the sprinkler out on my lawn. A simple rolling histogram would do the job, and it must be available on the web site too.

1 Like

Please add a feature so I can see the rain I have received so far, year to date.

1 Like