[App] Dark Mode (Completed)

Add full on dark mode to the Tempest app on iOS and iPadOS; true black for the OLED screen.

The current white interface is brutal to look at in the dark even with brightness turned all the way down.

I second this request. Iā€™ve switched all my apps to Dark Mode when available. Saves a bit on battery and is so much more comfortable at night to look at. Having said that, overall the app is excellent!

2 Likes

In case you havenā€™t, be sure to vote on this topic above too

iā€™m curious, why did you post, delete it and post the same message again?

Was attempting to reply directly to David. Thought I hadnā€™t, so I deleted and reposted a reply. Just made a mistake.

When you reply to the last post it tags the person in that post but it doesnā€™t show the icon because itā€™s the post above. Discourse is weird that way. You arenā€™t the first to miss this ā€˜featureā€™ and delete and re-post.

3 Likes

@weatherflow I 25th this vote :wink: I have 10" and 15" units throughout my home wall mounted and at night the blue and white is so very bright. Same for the iOS app. Dark Mode would be a great (and somewhat simple?) addition to the very clean, feature rich app.

Absolutely needed!
Some themes as well would be nice.
Maybe a nixie theme with nice orange plasma glow.

Reference:

1 Like

Auto dark mode at sunset would be great, a dawn, dusk mode (orange) an hour before sunrise or sunset would to it off too.

1 Like

Hi Folks,
Is there any update or progress in ā€œdark modeā€ for the mobile apps? Would be nice to have that option for the interface also.
Iā€™m very much in favor of ā€œdark modeā€ especially when waking up at night to view the app - the current white and blue color is way too bright even when screen brightness is turned down.

4 Likes

Please - dark mode - or at least colours your can identify in the app for background / text etc.

Is the app open to other developers? This is an easy win.

Dark mode would definitely help me as I experience a lot of glare with bright white backgrounds with much difficulty reading.

One of my precious votes :slight_smile: has somehow become available, so I voted for this suggestion! I am the proud owner of a newly-remodeled bathroom and found a great use for an old Android phone, but I, like others here, am finding the app to be too bright and am hopeful that there can be a dark mode (ideally which flips between dark and light mode at sunset and sunrise)ā€¦ Thank you!

3 Likes

I believe there are now APIā€™s, style guidelines, tutorials, and more available for Android at least, since Dark mode / night mode etc is now available system wide. A jumping off point for instance:

Along with the lack of widgets, this is the #1 thing I was surprised to find missing in the Tempest app. Iā€™d vote twice for this if it let me!

2 Likes

Any plans in the works to add dark mode and widgets for tempest in IOS?

Mods please move to appropriate thread if needed.

Regards, Adrian

:tada:

The community was very adamant about having a dark mode theme and we hope your eyes you are relieved to learn that a dark mode theme is in development for all Tempest apps, to be released in the next major update! :dark_sunglasses:

When we have further news to share, we will post an update in #announcements

9 Likes