[App] Ability to see more than one line graph

It would be nice to be able to see historical data for more than one data set. For example, wind - temperature - rain or temperature - rain - barometric pressure. A multi-select dropdown of available datasets, with a limit on how many can be selected so that the screen does not get overly cluttered (or, no limit and screen would scroll if needed).

i would love that. I would love to add graphs to the grid window, so each graph is just a panel, which you could turn on or off. Having multiple graphs visible at the same horizontal scale allows users to correlate pressure drop with temperature, or see the temperature drop when it starts to rain. But Iā€™ve no votes left.

3 Likes

Yesā€¦interactive capability that would allow the user to chose parameters to view graphicallyā€¦ie wind vs pressure, or wind vs dewpoint, etc.

When I look at one reading (temperature for instance), I would like to be able to add in the same view other readings (like wind, humidity, rain, etc). It can be informative and interesting to be able to see how a change in one parameter relates to another.

In my bicycling app, for instance, I can click check boxes to view multiple parameters at onceā€¦ for instance: speed, heart rate, cadence and angle of climb. Super useful and interesting.

Be sure to click the Vote button at the top of this topic, if you still have votes left.

1 Like

New guy, never owned a weather station before, brand new Tempest owner, and apologies if this has already been suggested or requested. Also Iā€™m not familiar with what might be proper nomenclature so please bear with me.

I would like to be able to ā€˜stack graphsā€™ for comparison and also be able to possibly overlay separate graphs into one, also for comparative study.

When I open a graph for any specific ā€˜measureā€™ I have to close that graph before opening another, if there was a way to simply stack the graphs above or below each ā€˜categoryā€™ then a comparative view would remain on the same page, scaling the page might allow for numerous graphs to be open at once.

Overlaying graphs would likely have to happen on a dedicated ā€˜pageā€™ or that function might be able to be added to any particular graph.

Yes this would be a good idea. Being able to compare data would be great and allows people to ā€œdiscoverā€ relationships between variables. It could be a single graph area with multiple graphs, or just multiple graphs underneath each other on the same page. I would prefer a single graph area.
It doesnā€™t have to be a dedicated page. The current graph has already a button to select a different graph. The same button could be used to just enable different graphs by not making it a radio-button.
The vertical scale could be a problem, but I would just keep the scale that is part of the first graph shown, add the second, third, fourth graph on top, but without any scale. However the cursor should tell us the exact values (with units) of all intersection with the data.

1 Like

Hi @Z456 ,
Now that you have requested a new feature you can vote for it. Otherwise it is at the very bottom of the list.
Cheers Ian :slight_smile:

1 Like

Push the data to wunderground.com, they have a much more complete graphing solution. Here is for example a monthly report for my Tempest:

And on wunderground.com you can at least get the rainfall accumulation for the week, month, etc (well, if you trust the rain data from the Tempest but thatā€™s another story).

3 Likes

I was recomending the weather underground option but since I began using that option myself I have discovered that the weather underground data does not match the data from weatherflow. Soon when I have created a detailed examination I will post the issue in a new topic.
As this topic is a feature request we should only be clarifying this request here.
I agree with this request but have no votes left. And because I want this feature I have actually been building it for myself.
Cheers Ian :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Feature request:

Add the ability to layer different data points on top of each other within the online tempest dashboard and mobile applications. Example: pull up the temperature chart and then add wind data layer to the same chart, for comparison purposes. Iā€™ve attached a mockup of what it could be like.

Data Layers Graphic

1 Like

Yes this is the first thing I noticed after setting up my Tempest was the inability to see relationships between the different metrics. Isolated data isnā€™t super meaningful by itself.

Iā€™d like to add that this should be made available on the mobile app for today and historical cats. For a good reference I suggest checking out how the COROS mobile app stacks fitness graphs: landscape only, toggle on/off, etc.

Aside from mobile, a more robust web version of the stacking feature would be appreciated.

1 Like

You have great history functions to display previous data one characteristic by one. However you canā€™t see multiple at the same time (for instance I like to see how the rain affected the temperature simultaneously). Meteograms are great for this (look at dark sky, windy, or foreca for instance). This would then also be great for showing forecast to, instead of the current forecast where I can see hourly in block text, but not a nice graph.

The attached graph is so data rich and dense, while only using a fraction of the screen space the normal hourly forecast on the app takes up. Would be really cool if tempest could integrate something like this into the forecast and history.

1 Like

In addition, the ability to zoom in and have the location stay at the date/time observed instead of jumping back to the current date/time. Trying to zoom in on data from 2 weeks ago can be quite a hassle.

I would like the ability to choose my own combination of data to display on the same graph. For example, Temperature and Wind, or Precipitation Rate and Pressure, etc. The different scale/units can be displayed on a second y-axis on the right side of the plot.

Enabling even three or four different parameters to be displayed together could also be possible by displaying multiple y-axes next to one another, but the simpler request is to enable us to select two parameters to graph together. Please and thank you!