Add Tempest to Alexa as a Device

It would be nice to add the Tempest as a device in the Alexa app. That way you could create routines to interact with other smart devices. I’m thinking something similar to IFTTT however it wouldn’t require another platform. A routine to turn off the pool pump when lightning is detected would be awesome!

This is exactly what I’m look for. This way it can automatically announce “lightning in the area” to people in the pool. A great safety device.

Indeed! I tried to do it using ifttt but I cold not do it yet.

In Alexa enable WeatherFlow Smart Weather

1. Choose or find Applet “If your WeatherFlow Tempest Station detects a lightning strike, then trigger the VirtualButton”. The text has been modified “If your WeatherFlow Tempest Station detects a lightning strike, then check distance to send a Notification to my Alexa. The Station will be “Alexa device Name” and the Distance unit is “mi”.Explore Applets and find “Push a Virtual Button”

The Virtual Buttons will be your account name and the Virtual Button is“Virtual Button01”
Click the “+” to create a Filter Code.
The filter code is Java Script as follows:// This causes Tempest Lightning to skip reporting if distance > belowThreshold number.let belowThreshold = 15;
let LSD = Number(Weatherflow.lightningStrike.LightningStrikeDistance)// This allows reporting only if the remainder ofStrikedivisor is 0.let strikedivisor=2;let ts = Number(Weatherflow.lightningStrike.TimestampEpoch);if ((LSD > belowThreshold) || (ts % strikedivisor==0)) {Virtualbuttons.pushButton.skip();}// This will reduce the number of reports.
Go Back to AlexaInAll Devices add “Virtual Button 01” which is a doorbell.In Routines
create a routine “+” called “clubhouse lightning”
When“Virtual Button 01 is pressed”Every day from 8:00 AM–10:00 PMAlexa will Announce “Lightning, detected, in, the, area, if, you, hear, thunder, please, exit, the, pool Hit next and choose “clubhouse dot”
Next
Next<