[API] Accumulated weekly & monthly Rainfall totals

My setup is working well. I would, however, like to have a record of weekly, monthly & yearly rainfall totals. At present, all I can see on the information supplied - via the app or via the website - are daily totals. Do I have to add each up and do the addition myself, or am I missing something?

1 Like

it’s currently a pretty minimal app to say the least…

You could go with the WU upload, or install and configure weewx, or any other other pieces of weather software folks have integrated with the WF gear…

2 Likes

As @vinceskahan said, the app is designed to be simple and minimal. For more complex parameters, there are many third party apps you can use developed by folk on this forum:

For example, I will make a shameless plug for the WeatherFlow PyConsole that shows daily, monthly, and yearly rainfall totals:

1 Like

Why are we watching any of these numbers…because we want to know how much.
Totals are a absolute need.
Frankly I would not have bought this thing if I’d had know no totals.
The are cheaper units out there that are accurate enough for my amateur status that give totals. Shoulda had a V8.

1 Like

Where can I find the annual total rainfall YTD within the Weather Flow app??

1 Like

It is not in the application. You will need a third party application.

3 Likes

Oops…wishedIhadaknown!!

JPJ

Anyone? Anything?? Need to know if this is going to be coming soon or not at all?

Agree. This seems to be a gross oversite.

Where are the totals for accumulated info, primary rain?
Why are we watching any of these numbers…because we want to know how much!
Totals are a absolute need.
Frankly I would not have bought this thing if I’d had know no totals.
The are cheaper units out there that are accurate enough for my amateur status that give totals. Shoulda had a V8.

You are free to return it for a refund.

3 Likes

Hi @acyducy,
There are several display options using other software. For more display options including tables with totals the simplest might be to allow wunderground to display your data. This is the link to where you can see a table of my data with a total rain:
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/INSWDUDL2/table/2019-11-15/2019-11-15/monthly
Once you link your weatherflow station to wunderground you dont need to do anything else (like adding up) and anyone can view it from the internet.
Wunderground does have its issues though. There are several threads here with other options. You may be interested in this topic: Alternatives to WeatherUnderground for Archival and Data Visualization

cheers Ian :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The next version of btstWx will have totals displayed…

Just sayin’.

4 Likes

I agree that monthly and yearly totals should be displayed in the app. I just got the Tempest and am disappointed to only find daily summaries in the Tempest app.

it could be made part of a better graphing system. just give the totals of the range that is shown in the graph.

1 Like