Access one station with differnt accounts and related thoughts

The only issue I have had with multiple Hubs is when setting up devices.

After thinking about this I do wonder how WeatherFlow handles this at the office.

5 Likes

Off topic question - Does the Kenwood TS-590 have Dolby Surround Sound built in??? :rofl:

4 Likes

No, it doesn’t . . . but if I spin my head around fast enough it sounds like it . . . :grin:

3 Likes

Good question for @dsj . . . I have seen a picture of their rooftop testing array so I suspect that they have a heap of Hubs involved, too (although, as we know, they could connect a number of sensors to a single Hub).

1 Like

Gary’s map answered this rhetorical question for me over a year ago…

2 Likes

Maybe dsj’s answer there

Will also be a part of an answer for some of the question we discussed here.

1 Like

To enable sharing, we provide a ‘share’ URL / webpage for station owners with public data. You can see your personal ‘share’ URL by logging into smartweather.weatherflow.com. Your share URL will be noted at the bottom of the page. Like this: Tempest

Data format preferences are stored at the account level and cannot currently be provisioned differently on the display side. If this becomes a major user request, we can evaluate it against our (long) list of other feature priorities.

3 Likes

I’m right if I consider :

• the share URL is not be able to be integrated into the app ?
  • there is actually no possibility between a totally private and a totally public station?
  • The share uses the web application.
  • A private station cannot be shared.

Did I answer your non-question questions?

5 Likes

As @GaryFunk mentioned, the Share URL leverages the our web application. It has been optimized for mobile so the data display appears nearly identical to the native mobile app when viewed on a mobile browser.

Stations marked as private can only be accessed by authentication with your WF username and password. At your discretion, you are welcome to share your WF username and password with anyone you trust so they can access your station if marked as private. Anyone with your credentials will have access to your account-level settings.

What is the user scenario you are trying to accommodate and why? We’re happy to explain how to solve.

1 Like

I set up one hub upstairs then installed the SKY on the roof and AIR on the front porch. I then went to my basement at the opposite end of the house and set up my second station. I left that hub in the basement and it reaches the SKY and AIR just fine and had no interference. This leads me to believe that there isn’t necessarily a conflict on the WiFi network as much as there is a Bluetooth issue, as has been noted by @vreihen.

1 Like

There has never been a conflict with Wi-Fi. The issue has always been that when the phone application connects to more than one Hub.

You have two stations, for example one at your family home and the other one at your work places flat, then you might have both stations in one account for yourself, to get the rain warning for example for both sides, as it is on interest for me at the same level. One the other hand, the rest of my family doesn’t care of the weather conditions at my work town. Instead, they definitely care on the weather at our families home. Hence, my wife for example or the Homeweatherscreen will have a different order of Information then I have.
Furthermore, as you try to integrate the information of the SWS into a (smart) home system by use of the weatherflow cloud services it might actually be easier to have only one station within one account.

1 Like

Interest concept.

Push alerts are only within the phone application and (to date) only one application can be installed on a device.

If the application could support multiple accounts that would solve the issue.

2 Likes

That would be the second way to a suitable solution.
Thanks for this supplement.

What would be the first?

The ability to have several access grants to one station ?

Okay. What is your proposed solution?

I think both options would be suitable for that situation.
Whatever is easier in implementation…?

Maybe if the app allowed a person to add “guest” stations to their alert list it would take care of the need. Any public stations could be selected. Then, add the option for a station owner to setup a guest account, which could be used by whom ever they choose, so that private station could be added as a “guest” station.

I don’t know how the alert backend works so this might not be as easy as it looks. I was also thinking that maybe the shared station web page could be coded as a PWA and then alerts from any public station would be trivial for the end user.